Wifi Tether Treve Mod starts with error (4.3)

AlieSkies

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I updated my s3 two days ago to 4.3, after i had updated i realised that i had lost my root and could no longer tether. I re-rooted but i still can't wifi tether to work (it starts with errors), I uninstalled 3.2 and then installed 3.3 with hopes this would fix whatever the problem was but still got the same message, in addition to that i could no longer view the show log (says file does not exist). so re-installed 3.2 but i still cant access the show log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!! Quick question, which one is correct one for my phone, odex or deodex?

If you are stock rooted, use odexed. If you are running a custom rom then you need to verify if it is odexed or deodxed. Most custom roms are deodexed but you need to verify it first.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

Joshua Martinez3

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks meyerweb, it's actuallymy bad, I forgot when I updated to 4.3 I lost my cwm, and the cf auto root I used didnt put it back. so all I did was go through odin, abd everything turned out fine. But m now I've spent the last 3 hours trying to unbrick my sph d700, btw, the mod works like a charm. Thanks :D

Eli81

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy Note 2, it is rooted and I also did the 4.3 update. I am also unable to use Treve mod for tethering. Any advice on how to be able to tether again.

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung s3 through sprint updated to 4.3 also all hotspots stoped working im rooted woth stock 4.3.....im wanting to try and use this odex hotspot mod...but am unsure of how to install or flash it....any instructions i have been able to find do not explain enough for me.....any help would be great on a step by step proccess and thanks to everyone that have came up with these hotspot apps and mods been great....ty

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP or Philz)? If not, I think you're out of luck. If so:

Download the odexed hotspot file and put the file in the top level of your internal or external SD card on the phone. (I usually download to a PC, then copy it to the phone, but you shouldn't have any issues downloading directly to the phone if that's all you have.) Shut the phone off, then boot into recovery. Choose the install option in your recovery, find the file you downloaded, and install it. When complete, reboot the phone.

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
No i do not have a custom recovery....i am only running rooted stock 4.3 on my sprint s3.....also i do not know how to boot the phone into recovery.....do i have to have a custom recovery if so how do ido that....ty

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To boot into recovery, you power the phone down (completely -- not just screen off), then press and hold the volume UP, Power and Home keys simultaneously. Hold all three buttons until you see the word Samsung, then release them immediately. This works with the stock or custom recovery.

Unfortunately, though, the stock recovery won't let you install anything but official Sprint updates. If you want to install a custom recovery, you'll have to download Odin and follow the steps in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...possible-method-root-4-3-a-2.html#post3316246

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you i might give it a try not sure if i want to risk bricking my phone....but thank u for the help

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
ok so after crap tons of search downloading and trying i can not find a cwm to flash a custom recover so that i can install the hotspot mod....every cwm i find dosent seem to work tried going through odin to do it to no avail ...odin gives me runtime errors...then i found some say i could flash using just my phone no luck....nothing will install...anyone know anywhere to got the latest version of cwm recovery to fash with odin

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok after a few hours of my last post here i figured out how to get the cwm recovery....sprint s3......first thing u must be rooted....now i had android 4.2 onmy phone wen i first rooted....then i updated through sprint to 4.3 it removed my root ....inrerooted using the cf auto root through odin same as before worked.......then i downloaded rom manager through google play and installed and flashed the cwm just using my phone.....then i downloaded the hotspot mod whick u can find in all the forums.....place on my sdcard.....booted into recovery mode which took me into the new cwm and i installed the hotspot mod from zip file in recovery mode.....then exit and reboot phone...will go through some update on first boot....then set up the sprint hotspot for network name and password....connected right to my computer tablet and another phone all at one time.....thanks everyone for the help and everyone who post things about this and how to do it and the files and program developers

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
One other thing i was unable to use cf auto root on my fiance's sprint s3 running 4.3 due to knox blocking superSU app it seems to root fine but will not allow the superSU to run and it actually removes the program after u reboot the phone....i never rooted it while running 4.2 so thats my guess as to why it wont work on her phone but did on mine ....so thats going to be my next adventure.....