I need to fully unroot my Sprint Galaxy S3 but I cannot use the method involving Odin because my phone can no longer be recognized by a USB connection to a PC. I have tried various methods from these forums to fix the USB problem with no success. Is there another way to get back to stock? I originally followed the instructions using Odin to root and I have the stock ROM and CWM recovery installed. Thanks in advance.
    12-21-2013 07:00 PM
    Did you make a nandroid backup of your stock ROM before you flashed the custom ROM?

Posted via Android Central App
    12-21-2013 07:09 PM
    I need to fully unroot my Sprint Galaxy S3 but I cannot use the method involving Odin because my phone can no longer be recognized by a USB connection to a PC. I have tried various methods from these forums to fix the USB problem with no success. Is there another way to get back to stock? I originally followed the instructions using Odin to root and I have the stock ROM and CWM recovery installed. Thanks in advance.
    12-21-2013 07:09 PM
    Unfortunately not.

Did you make a nandroid backup of your stock ROM before you flashed the custom ROM?

12-21-2013 08:49 PM
    Evil, I did go through the process of unrooting with Super SU, so I do appear to be unrooted. I also did a factory reset on the phone. However, when I tried to do a system update after the reset, I ended up back in CWM recovery, so I assume SuperSU didn't actually remove/undo everything. How can I get the phone completely back to stock?
    12-21-2013 08:52 PM
    Evil, I did go through the process of unrooting with Super SU, so I do appear to be unrooted. I also did a factory reset on the phone. However, when I tried to do a system update after the reset, I ended up back in CWM recovery, so I assume SuperSU didn't actually remove/undo everything. How can I get the phone completely back to stock?
    I know there's a mobile version of Odin, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to flash the stock firmware through there
    Edit: Looks like you can, download it from the Play Store for a couple of bucks, or if you really don't want to pay for it, download the apk from xda

12-21-2013 09:07 PM
    I downloaded Mobile Odin Lite, but it seems like now that I unrooted via Super SU, Mobile Odin won't work. It shows an error message on opening that it's unable to get SuperUser access.
    12-21-2013 10:23 PM
    I downloaded Mobile Odin Lite, but it seems like now that I unrooted via Super SU, Mobile Odin won't work. It shows an error message on opening that it's unable to get SuperUser access.
    Yeah, you need root :\

12-21-2013 10:34 PM
    Since I do still have CWM, is there any way to load the stock firmware through that?
    12-22-2013 01:29 AM
    Hmm, you might be able to flash the stock firmware as you would any other ROM but I haven't tried it myself. Maybe some Google searching could give you a definitive answer

12-22-2013 02:15 AM
    Need to know how to download su binary codes
    02-07-2014 07:45 AM
    I need into or my galaxy note4
    07-12-2017 11:23 PM