d2spr Galaxy S3 problems with flashing some roms

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I have searched and searched for kernels that will work with the hardware revision for aosp and wasn't successful. So I am just giving in and trying to find some touchwiz or anything non-aosp that will work on my phone. I am REALLY picky with my devices and what they do and look like so I have been working all day. I tried wicked sensations but it was just way to themes for me, I also tried people's rom but again, to themed. I can't wait until aosp works again. I tried to find the DKP rom but I only found a kernel I think, or is that what you mean?

DKP kernels for AOSP ROMs here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

General DKP thread here: [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/26/13 - xda-developers

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Okay! yeah I think I will try it. I just got MOAR running and it works great if nothing else does until this revision is worked out. I would try DKP if MOAR was a 4.3 rom but it's only 4.1. If it works on one of the AOSP roms I am trying I will report it. God I hope it does!

MOAR is on 4.3 as is Wicked

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

1. There is a version of DKP for 4.1 ROMs, too. See the XDA thread I linked to above.

2. MOAR 6.0 is 4.1: [ROM] [MOAR] [MD4] v6.0 / Modz For All / On the Fly Theming / Swagger ;) [11.02.13] - xda-developers

3. MOAR 7.1 is 4.3, but not as mature and polished and customizable as 6.0: [ROM] [MOAR] [MK3] v7.1.0 / Even MOAR Mods! / Theme on the fly! / Refined! [01.01.14] - xda-developers

JacobGates

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I must've accidentally skipped that. Hmm.....that doesn't make much sense then. What recovery are you using? Are you sure the roms are rooted when you try to boot them?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
I tried using both clockwork and twrp. I am currently using twrp. And yes they are big ones like Carbon and they are most definitely rooted.

MOAR is on 4.3 as is Wicked

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked
Well I couldn't find a 4.3 version for the Sprint Galaxy S3. The only one I found was 4.1. Also tried wicked and it didn't have any problems but I just didn't really like it, not for me.

Yes, I used the ones for aosp roms and they still didn't boot. Well, Illusion almost did but that is the only one that was successful.
1. There is a version of DKP for 4.1 ROMs, too. See the XDA thread I linked to above.

2. MOAR 6.0 is 4.1: [ROM] [MOAR] [MD4] v6.0 / Modz For All / On the Fly Theming / Swagger ;) [11.02.13] - xda-developers

3. MOAR 7.1 is 4.3, but not as mature and polished and customizable as 6.0: [ROM] [MOAR] [MK3] v7.1.0 / Even MOAR Mods! / Theme on the fly! / Refined! [01.01.14] - xda-developers
I'm not sure which MOAR I am running but like I said above I couldn't find one that was 4.3.
-edit: oh wait, I guess I didn't read the post right and I thought it said on the v7.1.0 it was for something else other than S3. and to make sure I check my version and it is 4.1 so I think I will flash this one and see how it works. Thank you for showing me that, sorry I read and assumed.

Last edited:

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Well this usually works for me when I have boot issues: you need to do a full data wipe in twrp including data/media before you install the rom. Obviously, this requires that you use a micro sd card for it to work. That's always solved my boot issues

JacobGates

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Well this usually works for me when I have boot issues: you need to do a full data wipe in twrp including data/media before you install the rom. Obviously, this requires that you use a micro sd card for it to work. That's always solved my boot issues

hmm, okay I will try that the next time I get a chance to. I am not able to do any flashing or anything right now, I need my phone functional. I will report back my results.

JacobGates

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
so sorry it has taken me so long to get back here and update. Been working a lot lately. So I tried formatting the entire data and all that and flashing an aosp rom then dkp after that. Same results so I am not sure if any are working. What is strange is some aosp roms do work and other's don't, it's just the ones I don't like are the ones that work, haha. So maybe those roms that don't work just need an update. Thank you for all of your help. I will just wait and enjoy MOAR, which is really good, I just like aosp better.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance