[ROM][TW4.3][MK3] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom v0.2 ✭myHUB✭Clock Mod✭Awesomeness✭1/6/2014

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TW4.3][MK3] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom v0.2 ✭myHUB✭Clock Mod✭Awesomeness✭1/6/2014

Does yours shut down, and restart with an unresponsive screen? That's what mine does, and I have to remove the battery and power it up again.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][TW4.3][MK3] ヅ Wicked Sensations Rom v0.2 ✭myHUB✭Clock Mod✭Awesomeness✭1/6/2014

No, it just shuts down without any warning or indication. One moment I'm looking at my phone for time....power screen off....try to turn screen on within 1 minute and its completely turned off. It just turned off about half an hour ago trying to boot up as well. Not sure if this is a kernel or random corrupt file problem.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

That is strange....I have not had that issue. I have seen some problems with random re-boots, but these were across the board with all the new 4.3 ROMs. Have either of you changed the kernel settings or changed to a different kernel altogether?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

That is strange....I have not had that issue. I have seen some problems with random re-boots, but these were across the board with all the new 4.3 ROMs. Have either of you changed the kernel settings or changed to a different kernel altogether?

I haven't touched the kernel at all. I'm currently flashing my nandroid backup of v.4 and will reflash v.5 either tonight or tomorrow. I didn't have these problems on v.4 so we'll see if v.5 is a problem for my device.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't touched the kernel at all. I'm currently flashing my nandroid backup of v.4 and will reflash v.5 either tonight or tomorrow. I didn't have these problems on v.4 so we'll see if v.5 is a problem for my device.

That's kind of funny. I never had a problem with .3, but .4 is when my problems started. Went back to .3, still had the problems. And so far so good on .5

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

That's kind of funny. I never had a problem with .3, but .4 is when my problems started. Went back to .3, still had the problems. And so far so good on .5

Whats even more funny is that I've been using the same apps since v.1 so I don't think its any particular app. The ONLY thing I did different with flashing v.5 five days ago was that I had the google installer install all of my apps rather than bypassing it like most have said to do and I had done previously. I was feeling lazy thats why I did it......sue me, lol! When I reinstall v.5 tonight or tomorrow, I'm NOT going to let google install my apps and install them the old fashion way, 1 by 1. Not sure if that was/is my issue by its worth a shot!

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I did them 1 by 1 last night too. Wouldn't that be a kick in the a$$ if somehow the auto update apps caused this. 27 hours now and no problems.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I did them 1 by 1 last night too. Wouldn't that be a kick in the a$$ if somehow the auto update apps caused this. 27 hours now and no problems.

I know right!! Theres a reason why most on XDA say not to do the auto update apps. To be honest with you, I really didn't think there was anything to it. I guess I was wrong. I rewiped and reflashed v.5 right before I left work tonight and didn't do the auto update apps and so far so good....no shutdowns. I'm reinstalling my apps 1 by 1 right now as I watch the olympics, lol! I hope this time I'm all good! :)

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

That's a possibility. I've never allowed play store to auto update or restore my apps.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Welp! So much for that theory. Just had my first non responsive screen / random shutdown. Sonofabitch

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Welp! So much for that theory. Just had my first non responsive screen / random shutdown. Sonofabitch

Damn, sorry to hear! What custom recovery are you using by the way? I'm using TWRP v2.6.3.0.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Could be a corrupt file in the ROM files or kernel. Might try a fresh download.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I was using TWRP 2.6.3.0, then Dazed pointed me to the 2.6.3.1 version. Didn't make a difference evidently. 4 "incidents" today. I almost want to unroot and return to stock. But with me being upgrade eligible, and the S5 just a month or so away, I'll ride this out. Can't afford to lose the Sammy 3 all together just yet

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I was using TWRP 2.6.3.0, then Dazed pointed me to the 2.6.3.1 version. Didn't make a difference evidently. 4 "incidents" today. I almost want to unroot and return to stock. But with me being upgrade eligible, and the S5 just a month or so away, I'll ride this out. Can't afford to lose the Sammy 3 all together just yet

Yeah, I was feeling the same way when I was going through my issues as well. Its so easy for me to get frustrated and make bad decisions (going back to stock even with knox!! lol!) but you have to just sit back and access the situation and try to resolve it. Like Seanski said, perhaps it was a bad download or flash. Try to redownload the file and reflash the rom. If its helps, I also wiped...

Advanced Wipe
- Dalvik Cache
- System
- Data
- Internal Storage (**make SURE you backup any important files you may have here like pictures or data for certain apps before doing this**)
-Cache

....I did this 3x and lastly, I did the Format Data for extra measure!!

Could you tell me where you got TWRP 2.6.3.1??

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I've been running it since he dropped the TW 4.3 version and its been awesome. It may help with the reboots.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I've been running it since he dropped the TW 4.3 version and its been awesome. It may help with the reboots.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a go if I start having any problems. So far so good after my rewipe and reflash! :)

HuntedDuck

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Just updated to this version and I gotta question. Does everyone have the ad blocker? I am really missing it since I upgraded. Just curious. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Just updated to this version and I gotta question. Does everyone have the ad blocker? I am really missing it since I upgraded. Just curious. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

It seems to me that the ad blockers now aren't working as well. I'm using adaway and even it doesn't stop them like it used to.