5 5.43%
  • I will wait for Sprint to release the Samsung S3

68 73.91%
  • I'm holding out for Iphone 5

6 6.52%
08-08-2012 11:19 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    Love my Evo LTE, my only concern so far is quality of the pictures when viewed on the PC. They look great on my phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    06-05-2012 10:26 AM
    EVO all the way! Never have I had a phone that locked on to gps almost instantly, wifi and 3g radios are great. I'm coming from the Evo 3d and I must admit I wanted my wife's E4gt, it was superior in every, except radios. That's a killer for me, she could never get a gps lock we always had to use my navigation. The wifi was also horrible as was 3 and 4g. Now if they fixed these then you have a battle on your hands. The screen on this thing is amazing, this is the happiest I've been with any phone.
    PS: My wife will be waiting for the GS III so I'll be able to mess with it, looking forward to it! The only way to make a fair comparison is to hold both of them.
    From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!
    You are correct. The GPS on the EVO LTE with google navigation locked on virtually instantaniously. The navigation app was so good that I thought it was a trial of some sort.

As for the samsung weak radios, since the North American versions have the same S4 soc, wouldn't this be a non issue?
    06-05-2012 12:39 PM
    You are correct. The GPS on the EVO LTE with google navigation locked on virtually instantaniously. The navigation app was so good that I thought it was a trial of some sort.

As for the samsung weak radios, since the North American versions have the same S4 soc, wouldn't this be a non issue?
    Not necessarily. It is the same baseband (on the S4) but the other radio chip itself could be different, which what makes the majority of the difference. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    06-05-2012 01:13 PM
    I currently have the HTC EVO 3d I will get the GS3
    06-05-2012 02:08 PM
    Loving my Evo LTE coming from s2. I'll wait and see reviews of s3 before making any jumps. Only thing could win me over to the s3 is if the camera kills the Evo with at least same features.

06-05-2012 02:15 PM
    Gs3 all the way.

06-05-2012 03:41 PM
    S3

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
    06-05-2012 04:16 PM
    I'm on the fence with this as well. I like the HTC but I've been reading about signal issues, but I'm not sure if that's affecting everyone. And I loved my Epic, but it seemed with each update the phone got buggier to the point that it drove me nuts. That's why I'm hesitant to try another Samsung.
    06-06-2012 11:09 AM
    I'm on the fence with this as well. I like the HTC but I've been reading about signal issues, but I'm not sure if that's affecting everyone. And I loved my Epic, but it seemed with each update the phone got buggier to the point that it drove me nuts. That's why I'm hesitant to try another Samsung.
    You could of rooted your Epic and had much better use out of it than stock. All android phones have bugs if you really look at it! If you are unable to deal with buggy software, then I would suggest you go with an i-phone.
    06-06-2012 11:18 AM
    You could of rooted your Epic and had much better use out of it than stock. All android phones have bugs if you really look at it! If you are unable to deal with buggy software, then I would suggest you go with an i-phone.
    I don't have the time to tinker with my phone and root it. I'm sure they all have bugs but they're not all show-stoppers. And iPhone... no thanks. My Photon shows it is possible to make a phone that's reliable and works how it expects to (mostly). I'm just hoping one of these two (or hopefully both) phones can be on the same level.
    06-06-2012 11:34 AM
    ....I don't have the time to tinker with my phone and root it.....
    I said the same exact thing for the longest time but that was just me being lazy. Its not as hard as one might think! You just have to have time and patience.....which I understand most people lack. I love all things computers and electronics so I can waste a whole day on these things and not feel bogged down. Remember, Android phones are designed with customization in mind! If its not working well for you, you have the ability to fix it yourself. I only suggested the i-phone since those users are mainly people who lack the time and patience to maintain their devices!
    06-06-2012 11:50 AM
    My upgrade date is Aug 1 so I'm going to wait and see what kind of real world user experience you guys post here on the forums and decide from there.
    That is also my upgrade date and my Birthday!! so waiting to see who will be king by then!
    06-06-2012 03:50 PM
    Def getting the GS3 and the next phone after that for me will be the GS5. Damn upgrades!!!

Yes, I like the idea of odd number upgrades. WE are buying two blue GS3's and are coming from Epic 4G's. Psych!

On another note, I saved the $72 in activation fees (two phones) by calling on the phone and threatening to go to Verizon. Then, I ordered online and saved $130 in taxes (I think). When you try to buy over the phone they gouge you for sales tax on original price of phone before discounts. Beware.

Do we have to wait till phone gets to USA before clockworkmod creates a good rooted recovery? The waiting is almost as delicious as getting.
    06-08-2012 10:20 AM
    Seriously? Because iphone's have no bugs? Not everyone roots their device and not everyone who has an issue should pick up an iphone because it "just works". All phones have bugs, not just Android.

Sent from my EVO
    06-09-2012 10:19 AM
    Loved the EVO LTE but after having 3 of them all shut themselves down and then lock up on boot over the course of two weeks, I gave up and preordered an SIII....(all came from Bestbuy and even they couldn't get them out of the boot screen)
    06-09-2012 10:26 AM
    Loved the EVO LTE but after having 3 of them all shut themselves down and then lock up on boot over the course of two weeks, I gave up and preordered an SIII....(all came from Bestbuy and even they couldn't get them out of the boot screen)
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, good luck with Sammy lll ...

sent from my Evo4LTE
    06-09-2012 10:29 AM
    Ouch. I had one with a broken camera button out of the box. The second has been great. I don't think I can use another Samsung device.

Sent from my EVO
    06-09-2012 10:46 AM
    All I ever read is Samsung has crap radios. Call me lucky, blessed or fortunate cause I've never had any radio issues. The ONLY phone that was a nightmare for me was the Evo3D.
    06-10-2012 04:47 AM
    My upgrade date is Aug 1 so I'm going to wait and see what kind of real world user experience you guys post here on the forums and decide from there.
    +1
    06-10-2012 01:18 PM
    Galaxy S III all the way!! I went through the EVO 4g LTE pre-order fiasco and was VERY disappointed in the Evo that's for sure! Signal strength/Quality was TERRIBLE!! Sprint luckily has a GREAT signal where I am, but I was CONSTANTLY roaming with the Evo 4g LTE. The sound quality of the speakers were very good, however the loudness was SO low, I could hardly hear the darn thing ring half of the time. A high speed cellphone, that cant hardly make a call or ring loud enough to hear, to me is JUNK!! Their antennas really suck! I returned it 12 days & 2 phones later LOL!! I had the Epic Touch 4g before & IT WAS GREAT!!! I just hope GPS works a bit better on the GSIII
    06-10-2012 02:06 PM
    I've been using the Evo LTE for almost three weeks now and I ordered the s3 too for my wife...haha unless I really like it she gets the Evo. But I have to say this phone is amazing, HTC really did a good job this time. Everything about this phone is amazing and to think HD voice is coming.

I did buy the HD media adapter for my TV and I can wirelessly stream my videos and play HD YouTube videos flawlessly on my Samsung LED! Looks better then anything I've seen. If I could play movies onto my TV now from this adapter or directly would top it off.

There are so many different options in the phone to customize texting, layout, colors and much more with out downloading any apps off the market.

I also just got the Bluetooth adapter for my car and have been playing Pandora and the sound is amazing with the new beats audio. I still have to see the Samsung but this HTC is seriously one bad @ss phone. For me to switch the Samsung will have to seriously wow me above and beyond belief cause this HTC is the real deal.

Something else to consider is if your really into Facebook the HTC syncs up beautifully with Facebook. Hopefully Samsung has thought of these things too.

06-10-2012 05:41 PM
    As an EVO LTE owner.. Go S3.
    06-12-2012 10:13 AM
    As an EVO LTE owner.. Go S3.
    What makes you say that? I've got 28 days to change my mind Prolly won't be worth the $50 difference I'd have to pay tho
    06-12-2012 10:41 AM
    What makes you say that? I've got 28 days to change my mind Prolly won't be worth the $50 difference I'd have to pay tho
    I thought the multitasking thing might have been overblown, but it goes deeper than just apps reloading and it has truly ruined the operating system.

App updates (like when you go into google play and hit "Update 5" or whatever) stop in the background, even if the screen goes off. Airdroid stops transferring files. Forums like this in tapatalk take you back to the main screen if you do ANYTHING else. Web pages reload, so good luck following comment threads on this site because you'll be back to the top of the page.

There's just no memory left over thanks to sense. If I knew a hard date of Cyanogenmod or something I'd keep it, but 350 days later after I got my EVO 3D, there STILL isn't an AOSP build that works for it, so I can't rely on the community to fix HTC's problems (that is not knocking the community, I'm just saying I can't just wait for them to hopefully get around HTC's mess).

Maybe I'll hate the S3, but 20 days in and this phone just feels worse every day.
    jacker and ScandaLeX like this.
    06-12-2012 12:22 PM
    I'd go with the HTC EVO LTE because HTC's build quality is usually much better. But I'm satisfied with my Galaxy Nexus
    06-12-2012 02:24 PM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD