• I will wait for Sprint to release the Samsung S3

68 73.91%
  • I'm holding out for Iphone 5

6 6.52%
08-08-2012 11:19 PM
127 12345 ...
tools
    Going for the s3.

Reasons are the multitasking bug and removable battery.

Plus this will be my first samsung phone so i have pretty much given every phone maker at least 1 chance. Some more then others like sanyo and htc.
    Dazo likes this.
    06-14-2012 08:56 AM
    EVO LTE - The screen, kickstand, and camera sold me.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-14-2012 03:14 PM
    I thought the multitasking thing might have been overblown, but it goes deeper than just apps reloading and it has truly ruined the operating system.

App updates (like when you go into google play and hit "Update 5" or whatever) stop in the background, even if the screen goes off. Airdroid stops transferring files. Forums like this in tapatalk take you back to the main screen if you do ANYTHING else. Web pages reload, so good luck following comment threads on this site because you'll be back to the top of the page.

There's just no memory left over thanks to sense. If I knew a hard date of Cyanogenmod or something I'd keep it, but 350 days later after I got my EVO 3D, there STILL isn't an AOSP build that works for it, so I can't rely on the community to fix HTC's problems (that is not knocking the community, I'm just saying I can't just wait for them to hopefully get around HTC's mess).

Maybe I'll hate the S3, but 20 days in and this phone just feels worse every day.
    There actually is a good rom over on xda that has the majority of sense removed and its what I plan on loading up.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    jll3174 likes this.
    06-14-2012 03:17 PM
    I'm actually holding out for the Mopho II LTE. Other than using a different launcher, I haven't felt the need to run anything but stock with my Photon. The radios are superb and the battery life is the best I've had with a smartphone. I suppose for those who have that custom ROM itch that just has to be scratched, it's not the best option, but for me, this phone has met all my needs and then some, and I am looking forward to the next iteration.
    06-14-2012 04:10 PM
    I'm still debating a bit on what to do myself since I'm inside 30 days of having my Evo LTE (currently on day 5... lol)

After having my Evo for a little less than a week, I'm enjoying the phone. I have no real issues with it. I don't know if the S3 is more "future-proof" because of the extra gig of RAM. That's really the only thing that kinda bugs me, even tho I don't notice the whole multitasking thing on the phone much. I've noticed it reloading a couple of things on occasion, but if I didn't read this forum it probably wouldn't bother me

The reasons I don't wanna get the Samsung is because of the Epic I had before. It was solid a lot of the time, but the updates that came out seemed to introduce more bugs. A good phone that started having more issues, and after 3 replacements I was ready for something else. I don't want another Samsung to be good then get all weird a year in. And I'm not into rooting & ROMing so I don't consider those options.

I guess all I can do is see the S3 when it comes out and compare. If there's no sale on it, I then have to decide if it's worth paying $40 for it over what I got the Evo for.

Ahhh..... analysis paralysis at it's best!
    06-14-2012 04:24 PM
    Only thing could get me to switch is if the camera pictures look amazing on FB. I really love sense and all the skins options and texting options on the Evo. I'm getting pretty stuck on my evo actually but if Samsung camera is just amazing I would highly consider it.

This is definitely the best cell phone camera in the U.S. right now.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    06-17-2012 01:48 AM
    I will keep my Evo4GLTE over the years I've had many issues with Samsung phones. They all have a noticeable lag feel to them. HTC is much faster imo.::thumbup:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    06-17-2012 04:48 AM
    I currently have the EVO LTE, but am seriously contemplating the SIII ... I have only owned HTC devices in Android beginning with EVO 4G, but the software is really bugging me. If I am unable to return my phone to Sprint or Best Buy in exchange for the SIII, I will open another line on my account just to get the phone with the discounts available.
    06-17-2012 10:17 AM
    I currently have the EVO LTE, but am seriously contemplating the SIII ... I have only owned HTC devices in Android beginning with EVO 4G, but the software is really bugging me. If I am unable to return my phone to Sprint or Best Buy in exchange for the SIII, I will open another line on my account just to get the phone with the discounts available.
    I wanted to keep the EVO too...the hardware was fantastic, but the bugs were killing me. The final straw was when I woke up one morning to find that the phone had rebooted (again) and it decided to kill off the alarm clock.

Hopeful that the S3 will have fewer bugs; at the very least the multi tasking will be better. Had a great experience with Epic Touch, so I think it will work.
    06-17-2012 10:41 AM
    Hopeful that the S3 will have fewer bugs; at the very least the multi tasking will be better. Had a great experience with Epic Touch, so I think it will work.
    My sentiments EXACTLY.
    06-17-2012 11:03 AM
    Well it's been about a week for me now and I'm enjoying my phone. Not sure what I'd have to see to make me switch. A friend of mine is getting his this week (preordered from Sprint) so I'll have an opportunity to compare

06-17-2012 02:54 PM
    GS3 easily.

You cant even change the battery on the evo.

I'm thinking of switching carriers, verizon has the best service, but overly priced AND they limit data.

Att's service isn't as good, they limit data, and almost as expensive as verizon

T mobile seems to be the only decent choice, but it throttles data

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    06-17-2012 03:13 PM
    Evo4GLTE Seems to be the stronger on the exterior of the two, the S3 it's mostly plastic...imo

06-17-2012 03:29 PM
    I've chosen to go w the S3. At first I was leaning towards the LTEvo but the multitasking bug on it and the extra GB of RAM on the S3 made me rethink my decision. The removable battery wasn't an issue for me as I have a mini battery pack for all of my gadgets. The screen is supposedly better on the LTEvo, but the S3 is still an upgrade from my OG Evo.
    My main concern is the bad radios Samsung is notorious for. I'm hoping that it won't be the case in this phone... But not holding my breath.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    06-17-2012 11:17 PM
    I had the Evo LTE and took it back. Worked nothing like the original Evo, in my opionion. I loved my original Evo 4G! But the LTE just didn't come close to doing what I wanted. So I went back to my Samsung Epic Touch, which I love almost everything about! I have pre-ordered the SIII (for the future LTE world) . I hope I like it at least as much as my Epic Touch. I guess I have been lucky but I have had several Samsung's over the years and have never been unhappy with them!
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    06-18-2012 08:13 PM
    I'm still debating a bit on what to do myself since I'm inside 30 days of having my Evo LTE (currently on day 5... lol)

After having my Evo for a little less than a week, I'm enjoying the phone. I have no real issues with it. I don't know if the S3 is more "future-proof" because of the extra gig of RAM. That's really the only thing that kinda bugs me, even tho I don't notice the whole multitasking thing on the phone much. I've noticed it reloading a couple of things on occasion, but if I didn't read this forum it probably wouldn't bother me

The reasons I don't wanna get the Samsung is because of the Epic I had before. It was solid a lot of the time, but the updates that came out seemed to introduce more bugs. A good phone that started having more issues, and after 3 replacements I was ready for something else. I don't want another Samsung to be good then get all weird a year in. And I'm not into rooting & ROMing so I don't consider those options.

I guess all I can do is see the S3 when it comes out and compare. If there's no sale on it, I then have to decide if it's worth paying $40 for it over what I got the Evo for.

Ahhh..... analysis paralysis at it's best!
    Not trying to be rude, but you do not have 30 days. You have 15 days if you do not want to get stuck with a re-stocking fee. Just a friendly warning...I know it sucks!
    06-18-2012 08:52 PM
    Worked nothing like the original Evo? Sorry man but that's simply not true, original Evo not even close. what exactly does it not do?

Gladius Nova and Mercury81 like this.
    06-18-2012 09:18 PM
    No removable battery, so the Evo fails... Also hate the on screen menu button. The Sgs3 isn't enough better than the Epic Touch that I have. I will wait for the upgrades to sell theirs on Craigslist for around $300 in a few months to go to the next big thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-18-2012 09:20 PM
    If you a great android phone I say the Evo4GLTE for sense quickness and lightning speed, design solid and functional in form.
    On the other hand, If like plastic toy feel then I say definitely I say go for SG3. You will experience their trade mark lag touch wiz system and plain ordinary design.

sandman132 likes this.
    06-18-2012 09:34 PM
    If you a great android phone I say the Evo4GLTE for sense quickness and lightning speed, design solid and functional in form.
    On the other hand, If like plastic toy feel then I say definitely I say go for SG3. You will experience their trade mark lag touch wiz system and plain ordinary design.

I noticed you kept on mentioning lag on samsung phones esp compared to htc phones. I let it go at first until you kept on bringing it up. Are you sure about that? Because the EVO3d was extremely laggy compared to the epic touch 4G. Every single version of the EVO vs every version of the Galaxy S has the Galaxy winning in smoothness and speed decisively. I mean even the EVO 3D still can't run a live wall paper without lagging. The GPU is not even close between them.

I mean the EVO3D was so bad, that even the Nexus S can keep up with it, and still beat it in a few areas. Your brower on your EVO LTE is very laggy to me. Hell its even laggier than my original Galaxy S running AOKP ICS. Droid800 claimed it was because sense 4.0 had a buggy web browser that lags before he got banned.

Just looking at the videos alone you have to be blind to not notice the GS3 runs smoother than the One X.
    epic_samantha and ScandaLeX like this.
    06-18-2012 09:51 PM
    Yes you heard me right,I said lag as everyime Sammy came out with a new phone I would mess with them side by side and there was always a noticeable lag compared to HTC phones I was trying out . I had nexus s and is was real laggy I had to get rid of it and the're was screen burn issue other people experienced as well.

06-18-2012 09:59 PM
    let's face it both HTC and Samsung have produced crap phones. Evo LTE is the best Android right now unless the s3 can take the #1 spot. Right behind though is the RAZR Maxx.

06-18-2012 10:02 PM
    One thing I love about my evo that I didn't know it had. Be on a phone call and use 3g at the same time.

06-18-2012 11:58 PM
    I purchased the HTC Evo LTE was week was very happy until I saw videos of the Samsung S III. I originally started my Android journey with the Samsung Epic but got quickly disjointed. I became quickly happy with the iPhone 4s because it just worked.

The new touchwiz has impressed me, Ice Cream has given me the Wow factor I was looking for and had wanted back when the Epic first came out. The EVO LTE is still a great phone, no complaints here.

I'm switching to the Samsung Galaxy because
    - 32GB Model
    - Storage card up to 64GB
    - New Touchwiz
    - Removable battery
    - Slim like the EVO LTE
    - Better responsive
    - Moveable video player
    - Saw videos on youtube with xbox remotes, ps3 remotes, external usb drives hooked up to it.
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    06-18-2012 11:59 PM
    I'm with you on that one of jaggrey.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2012 12:06 AM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD