Sprint Customers: Evo LTE or Samsung S3

Evo LTE or Samsung S3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Costumers: Evo LTE or Samsung S3

I will probably get the GSIII. My upgrade is available on 6/1, and I could get the E4GLTE as soon as I wanted, but the device doesn't "wow" me. It's basically just a hardware upgrade to other phones that are out there. Doesn't really do anything special. The GSIII has some cool features, but nothing seemingly groundbreaking. My plan of action is to wait until the Sprint version of the GSIII is announced (specs and whatnot) and if I haven't heard anything of the iPhone5 by the time it releases, I'll probably get the GSIII. If the iPhone5 is going to come out and is at least an equal device than the GSIII, I'll probably get that. I love android and everything, but iOS is much more stable than android, and a working OS is more important to me than a customizable one.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
My upgrade date is Aug 1 so I'm going to wait and see what kind of real world user experience you guys post here on the forums and decide from there.

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade but not entirely sure about EVO LTE or SGIII. I'm considering holding out for the nexus devices due "around" Thanksgiving.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy s3. I've seen enough of evo lte. I may have to wait as my upgrade doesn't hit until July 1.

illmatic21

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of torn between the two. I like some of the hardware features of the Evo (kickstand, physical camera button, probably a better radio than Samsung, awesome car dock app) but I don't like potentially waiting until 2013 to get LTE on Sprint. I might just switch to Verizon/AT&T and go with the S3. But I'm going to wait until they release details about what the US versions will be like before I make a decision.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
surprising response from the HTC camp. But its still the same rubbish about heft = better build. Some evo 3d even got the balls to say HTC builds better phones than Samsung through and through. Well you can't blame them for because they didn't know any better.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting here with my OG EVO and my contract is up, so my upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket! I'm so ready to get a new phone, I almost pre-ordered the EVO LTE, but I held off. I would really like to try the GS3 and if I don't like it, I'll return it and get the EVO. But, man, the wait is killing me!! At least announce the US version and when it's going to be available, so there is a finishing line out there! If they hold off much longer, I would bet people are going to just say to hell with it and get something else. Or, if it's too long, another "latest and greatest" phone will be announced and people will pass on the GS3 as it will be out of date almost immediately.

Just give us a hint Sammy!!!

ehong_naper

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Since I am sticking with Sprint and S3 is probably going to arrive in 4Q/2012 or later according to some people who talked to Sprint CS in the Evo LTE thread. EVO LTE has better build anyway so I am going with EVO LTE.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I am sticking with Sprint and S3 is probably going to arrive in 4Q/2012 or later according to some people who talked to Sprint CS in the Evo LTE thread. EVO LTE has better build anyway so I am going with EVO LTE.

You can't trust sprint CS. Just got off the phone and was told late June release and pre ordering starting near the middle of the month. Everytime you call it's different. You pretty much just have to wait and see. CS really doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: robnelle

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I just canceled my Evo LTE pre order from Best Buy since they changed their trade in program last minute. I want to try something different, but the phone did not have the wow factor for me.

What I really want is the GNote, but the SGSIII could hold me down for a while.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
What change did they make to their trade in program?

Well my local BB lost their pawn license according to the Mobile manager, so they could not buy my phone according to him via DE law. They would help me setup to send it in to their processing center, and I would have to wait for the gift card. Then I would have to get the store to apply it to my purchase.

So, I guess the phone was not meant to be my next purchase.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My current Epic Touch is a sick sick phone, switched from an Evo 3D and then a Nexus S 4G. Despite liking the Sammys more than the Evo, I miss the radio for calling and especially for 3G that was in the Evo 3D. Hopefully with the S4 Snapdragon the radios will be better in the Galaxy S 3. If not, I'm gonna begrudgingly have to give my business to HTC.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
If the GPS reception is as poor on the GSIII as it is on my GSII, I'll be getting the HTC Evo. If on the other hand, they finally fix the reception problem my GSII has where it's proven to be totally unreliable when I need it most to find a route somewhere on the go, if that's fixed with the GSIII, I"ll be looking to get one.

GSII...great phone EXCEPT for the GPS reception issue.

Does anybody know if that's been addressed with the new Galaxy phone?? I'd really like to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt