Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
By the time you get the GS3 from T-Mo in your hands you will have some real world comparisons to make as I'm pretty sure Missouri City is part of the launch area for LTE from Sprint.

Fortunately you have the 14 days for T-Mobile.

I will truly take a test if LTE is turned on for Sprint within the next 20 days. Im going to think about it overnight and may call Tmobile to cancel my pre-order. Sprint will allow me to get out of my contract by paying them 165 bucks and then I can get the gs3 for 199. I'll just sale the gs2 on CS and make up the difference. However, if I don't see anything deployed from Sprint within this 20 day window i'm gone. Check out the Sprint forums and its littered with complaints about network performance all over the country. Its shameful that they havn't come out and made a public apology or at least offered us loyal customers an additional 50 bucks off the gs3 or at least allow us to upgrade without buying out our current contract. This is a very poor display of customer service. I feel very sorry for those that purchased the iphone 4 because it doesn't even have a lte radio.

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if HSPA+ if 4G or not, it can be 0G for all I care as long as I get 7-9Mbps around town.

I ditched Sprint last for T-Mobile last month and don't regret it a bit

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Define 4g? Really nothing will ever be 4G, I mean I get average 8mb on HSPA and that is more than fast enough for me.

real 4g is 100mbps

Either way i am sticking with sprint. I can wait for network vision.

And for those complaining about the OP going to tmobile. It is his choice, sprint sucks in his area so why should he stay where he isnt happy. I am sure Tmobile will be good for him, and should be fine with the 5gb cap, since he prob has wifi at home and could use that there.

It will take alot to beat my the download speed from my home ISP my average download speed is 25-30 mbps(funny thing is i only pay for 15mbps)

Last edited:

irev210

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I will truly take a test if LTE is turned on for Sprint within the next 20 days. Im going to think about it overnight and may call Tmobile to cancel my pre-order. Sprint will allow me to get out of my contract by paying them 165 bucks and then I can get the gs3 for 199. I'll just sale the gs2 on CS and make up the difference. However, if I don't see anything deployed from Sprint within this 20 day window i'm gone. Check out the Sprint forums and its littered with complaints about network performance all over the country. Its shameful that they havn't come out and made a public apology or at least offered us loyal customers an additional 50 bucks off the gs3 or at least allow us to upgrade without buying out our current contract. This is a very poor display of customer service. I feel very sorry for those that purchased the iphone 4 because it doesn't even have a lte radio.

Considering you are in a launch market for sprint LTE, you are crazy for leaving them.

Of course Sprint isn't going to dump money into old technology when they are about to deploy all new fiber/microwave backhaul, all new base stations, all new remote mounted radio units, and all new antennas.

Early Sprint 4G LTE speedtests are showing peak speeds over 30mbit. On a loaded network, that will be faster than anything T-Mobile has until T-Mobile launches LTE in Houston.

You just downgraded.

I understand you are frustrated with the data speeds but they aren't going to add legacy T-1's to sites that are a few months away from deploying all new hardware.

Anyway, if you are covered with T-Mobile, that's great and I am sure you will be happy with the speeds... but considering Sprint will have active LTE in Houston before T-Mobile... again you are downgrading.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was ticked earlier this year with data speeds, but things are getting better here... much better. So I re-upped.

Priced Verizon, and even with my corporate discount, it's $84.60 before tax and with no insurance. I now pay $63 with TEP on Sprint including tax and all. Can't see spending $40 more when I add Verizon insurance and tax.

T-Mobile is maybe $10-12 cheaper than that, but still way more than with Sprint. And T-Mobile coverage is terrible especially when traveling. Been there, and won't go back. I went from T-Mobile TO Sprint. They've done nothing to win me back.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I was ticked earlier this year with data speeds, but things are getting better here... much better. So I re-upped.

Priced Verizon, and even with my corporate discount, it's $84.60 before tax and with no insurance. I now pay $63 with TEP on Sprint including tax and all. Can't see spending $40 more when I add Verizon insurance and tax.

T-Mobile is maybe $10-12 cheaper than that, but still way more than with Sprint. And T-Mobile coverage is terrible especially when traveling. Been there, and won't go back. I went from T-Mobile TO Sprint. They've done nothing to win me back.

What's your plan and discount? I'm on sero p and u pay 58 after taxes with insurance.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
What's your plan and discount? I'm on sero p and u pay 58 after taxes with insurance.

That's what I'm on. Sero Premium. Isn't $58 the cost before tax? It's $40 for Sero Premium, $10 for premium data, and $8 for TEP. Comes to about $63 after tax.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I can say this... I am one of the lucky people where I do get the 4g wimax (Jacksonville FL) . I get 9-12Mbit on average with it and use it at work. I let two coworkers tether off me when they are close on their limited att data plans since I'm rooted. As you can see below that I can use a few gigs easy (I have a week left in this billing cycle. Highest I've ever gone was 20GB in a month... Lots of downloads at work ha).

But... If I can get this speed and data usage with wimax... LTE will be wonderful. If your in a place where LTE will be turned on soon... Even if it's like 2 months away... I'd stick it out. I mean you have already right?

P.s yes 3g here is still like 600kbit haha. Also as another note I use WiFi at home instead of 3g or 4G wimax.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not going to try to convince you to stay or go as it is your money and your choice. If you feel T-mobile is the best option for you then I hope you are happy with them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol..So many people taking up for Sprint but im sorry folks I've been in the so called "first start" area for the past 2 years. Been paying for "premium" data for this long and have yet to receive it. As we all know that 4g service was never improved and is basically none existent. Never had download speeds of more than 100kbps on Sprints atrocious network so going to T-mobile that basically has the same coverage of 4g as their 3g service you can't beat that for 74.99 per month. I never used more than 3gbs of data so the 5gb cap is more than enough for me. So with speeds of 2mbps and 80ms latency I can do all that I desire right from my handset and FAST. Tmobile also has it where tethering is built in so that I can get those 2mbps speeds on my laptop and tablet without any extra cost or rooting. Sprint LTE will be launched in Houston but who says that the coverage will be greater than its existing atrocious 4g coverage?? And why in the heck should I have to pay Sprint 160 bucks to buyout my existing contract and still pay 199.99 for the gs3 when I have honored my end of the contract by paying my plan on time EVERY month. I have been with Sprint for 7 years and I REFUSE to be a beta tester again and have to pay extra for it. It is Sprints fault that they FAILED to deliver a quality and honorable experience to a long lasting customer and then turn around and tell me basically " well we know our 3g sucks, but if you pay us a total of 370.00 bucks we will get you a new phone with the best technology that you can enjoy in 3 cities in your state. We will build out more in 2 years!!" I'd be a fool to sign another contract for a phone thats only usuable in 4 cities with only a few growing every other month..Sprints service is TRASH and this is a non debateable fact

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Instead of constantly bashing sprint and making assumptions about how long it will take them to implement LTE and how good it is just go. You don't have to justify it, if you feel you will get better service somewhere else then so be it. I don't mean to sound rude and I really hope you get the service your looking for.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tirith

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Instead of constantly bashing sprint and making assumptions about how long it will take them to implement LTE and how good it is just go. You don't have to justify it, if you feel you will get better service somewhere else then so be it. I don't mean to sound rude and I really hope you get the service your looking for.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Do you think you will get unlimited data from Sprint very long???? LMAO feast your eyes on this post from the Sprint forums:

Ok, so today I get a text message from "6772 SprintFreeMsg:" that says, "As of 05/18/12, the Mobile Hotspot and Phone as Modem Add-On Service is changing. Visit sprint.com/servicechange for info."

I am attaching the document of what it says on the website because it will most likely change. It makes NO sense at all!!

I used to have unlimited mobile hotspot on my cell phone for $30 per month, until I got the new Evo 4G Lte, and they cancelled my Mobile Hotspot.

I called to get it added back on, and now, they tell me that I can only choose between 2GB for $19.99 or 4GB for $49.99.

All of this happened last week......today I got the above text message.....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly we all gave you our opinion. It seems you want a argument rather than just say your switching.

I get 9-12Mbit and I use 8ish GB on average. So sorry it sucks for your area. Switch and just be on with it? It's not really as big of a deal as your making it. In my previous post I was stating my experience on sprint and I was stating an opinion to maybe wait for LTE to see.

If you don't want to stay just switch and go. Don't. Belittle people's opinions like your experiences is everyone's and just because you had it from the start makes you special or trumps anyone's opinions. It's a forum... We all said our opinions and experiences and you turn and scoff like we are lieing. Just switch and move on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bauer2 and tirith

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys..Just did some research and I found that If I got to At&T and using my employee discount of 24% my total bill with 3gb of data is only 80.39 and if I choose 5gbs its on 88.79. Wow!! Im definitley not even thinking about Sprint now. Thats only about a 7 dollar difference and I have yet to use over 3gbs with Sprint. Hello to super fast internet data speeds!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci