Any of you Sprint insiders know....

pamnsla

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
If stores will have accessories for the s3 at launch? Don't know if I should order anything so it will be here when my phone comes or if I can buy them in the store?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If stores will have accessories for the s3 at launch? Don't know if I should order anything so it will be here when my phone comes or if I can buy them in the store?

preorder usually nabs you a device a couple few days before public store launch. Not always but usually (HTC EVO LTE for example). I am curious that if samsung will pressure carriers to launch through all channels ASAP in an effort to beat the potential ban on the device. Because of the legal issues going on with this phone, I'd support them having preorders and store launch at the same time. Normally i wouldn't, but this is bigger than being an elite hipster for a couple days so hopefully pre order folks wouldn't squak too loud. Hell .... toss in a free case for preorders and call it even ;)

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
preorder usually nabs you a device a couple few days before public store launch. Not always but usually (HTC EVO LTE for example). I am curious that if samsung will pressure carriers to launch through all channels ASAP in an effort to beat the potential ban on the device. Because of the legal issues going on with this phone, I'd support them having preorders and store launch at the same time. Normally i wouldn't, but this is bigger than being an elite hipster for a couple days so hopefully pre order folks wouldn't squak too loud. Hell .... toss in a free case for preorders and call it even ;)

Maybe you misread the post? Or maybe I am not understanding the reply.

I also am wondering if the stores will have accessories on hand. When the Epic 4G launched, they did have some accessories on hand. But you never know, since every launch is different.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you misread the post? Or maybe I am not understanding the reply.

I also am wondering if the stores will have accessories on hand. When the Epic 4G launched, they did have some accessories on hand. But you never know, since every launch is different.

Oh geeze your right. Sorry about that. I completely skipped the "accessory" part. I was talking about the 32 gb device. I dont know about the accessories. I was chatting with someone earlier about how bad sammy dropped the ball with the nexus accessories. My thought is because all the models around the world are the same design, accessory manufacturing will be less complicated allowing them to launch them faster. I'm sure the flip case or something will be out the same day although your guess is as good as mine about the 32gb toys being in store. I expect more complex accessories like the smartshare dongle to not launch for a month or so after the device.

EDIT - Forgot to mention. Because the devices have the same design and specs, if sprint doesn't have something but VzW does you could just score it through them.

dgene84

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZF2OOlLe6c&feature=g-hist[/YT]

I just want to get this wireless charging kit.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think the trend of wireless HDMI mirroring has me the most excited. HTC and Sammy both doing it so everyone else will eventually follow suit

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
thats the first time I've seen the wireless charging station. THAT THING IS HUGE! Why cant anyone get it right like Palm did? Not only was the touchstone tiny and attractive but it held the phone at a good viewing angle. That looks like it lays flat.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
thats the first time I've seen the wireless charging station. THAT THING IS HUGE! Why cant anyone get it right like Palm did? Not only was the touchstone tiny and attractive but it held the phone at a good viewing angle. That looks like it lays flat.

I don't have the time to dig up the article, but I believe that the charging station can charge the phone 1-2' off of it. I will try to find it later.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Might have to mod my 6 Touchstones to charge my S3!

I just saw the video of the touchstone mod for the GSIII, it looks rather simple. I've got three of them (Touchstones) laying around and its an attractive notion but the idea of taking a soldering iron to a new $600 device scares the hell out of me.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Here is one article that state 1-2m...that seems like a bit far. 1m maybe, but 2m?!

"According to an anonymous source, Korean publication DDaily says it has been told that the hotly-anticipated Galaxy S3 will allow users to do away with wires as it will arrive with a built in inductive charger.

The source goes on to say that the Galaxy S3 will be able to charge from a distance of 1-2 meters from the charger base."

Samsung Galaxy S3: wireless charging a possibility | News | TechRadar