GREAT NEWS! We'll Get Them Before or After the 21st!

robflynn

May 31, 2011
Visit site
You heard it right, folks! I have CSR proof that we can eliminate at least 1 of the next 365 days!

(sorry I figured we could use a little comedy today, and yes he really told me this)

I was just casually checking my order status, like I do every 30 minutes to an hour, as any normal person would do, when I got the friendly little popup from a Sprint CSR. I was so beside myself that it was NOT the famous "Jessica" that I figured I would play along and see if they are all distributing the same communications as the other CSRs some of you have heard from. Enjoy...

Mike: May I assist you with identifying the status of your order?
You: Hi Mike I was just checking to see if my Galaxy S III had any shipping information yet. Seeing the "backorder" message makes me a tad nervous that it won't ship today or tomorrow.
Mike: Thank you for your patience. If your question is account or order related, please have your order number, account number and PIN ready.
Mike: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Mike: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Mike: I would be happy to check on the status of your order with you today and provide you with any available shipping information at this time.
Mike: First let's move this chat and make it a window of its own so that I may be able to assist you better. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.
You: Account number: xxxxxxxxx
Order Number: oy-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx
PIN: xxxxxxx
Mike: Thank you for moving the chat.
Mike: May I have your first and last name please?
You: Eric Honda, sumo wrestler.
Mike: Thank you. One moment please.
Mike: According to our records, your order is awaiting fulfillment in the
warehouse. We’ll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21. When your order is shipped an email will be sent to you with your tracking information.
Mike: You can check your order status on Sprint | Check Your Order Status The tracking number will also be there when your order ships.
You: Thanks for the information, Mike. So can you confirm/deny the rumors that Sprint does not have the phones yet and there could be a delay ?
Mike: We are processing the devices and you will get it before or after the 21st.
You: Awesome!
You: Thanks!
You: Wait...
You: You mean before or ON ?
You: Before or after means I can get it anytime between today and a year from now. :-D
Mike: Before or after.
Mike: Pre-orders does not mean you will get it before the launch date it just means your getting one with out waiting in line at a store.

While I was indeed having a bit of fun with "Mike" I have to admit to being a little annoyed with this response about preordering.

AHHH! So I'm just horribly lazy and my reward for that is that I don't have to take my lazy butt off my computer chair to go wait in line with the other suckers out there getting exercise, aye?! Pretty funny response from him nonetheless.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
It's funny that the online CSR is always named Mike. They must only hire people named Mike for that position. Makes me wonder if there was a study done to see what name people got the least frustrated with.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I was told pretty much the same thing by a Sprint CSR via chat. They said to check my status in 24 hours. I still get antsy when I am waiting on something to ship. I order a ton of guns and related items online and it's the same each time. Place order check every hour (or less) for confirmation/shipping email. Send tracking number to phone once updated and repeat process. Wouldn't be surprised if being able to order and track your shipments online has created a whole new field of psychological study/illness. Sure it's the equivalent of checking the mailbox all day long to see if you have mail. UPSOCD

epic_samantha

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I was told pretty much the same thing by a Sprint CSR via chat. They said to check my status in 24 hours. I still get antsy when I am waiting on something to ship. I order a ton of guns and related items online and it's the same each time. Place order check every hour (or less) for confirmation/shipping email. Send tracking number to phone once updated and repeat process. Wouldn't be surprised if being able to order and track your shipments online has created a whole new field of psychological study. UPSOCD
So true, I do this
Too. I must have UPSOCD too. Lol
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mike: Pre-orders does not mean you will get it before the launch date it just means your getting one with out waiting in line at a store

If I get mine after the 21st, I will never preorder a phone again. Booo.

:mad::mad:

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I really need more popcorn. You guys are cracking me up.

Quit calling customer support or involving chat because you're babies who can't wait. Let people who have real problems get through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Makad

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I really need more popcorn. You guys are cracking me up.

Quit calling customer support or involving chat because you're babies who can't wait. Let people who have real problems get through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good point.

But you know what? They have, at least what I consider to be, a good chunk of my money. And they will be getting a lot more of it in the course of my two year long contract, and will most likely not hear a peep from me the rest of the time. As long as I treat them like human beings, they can answer a few of my questions. Especially with the stellar track record that they have with giving us information to begin with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon