15 months of contract left. How to get S3 for less?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to spend around $300-400. I am 9 months into the contract with Sprint, and my ETF is still at $300. So its of no use buying out my device from current contract by paying ETF as it would cost me around the same as new S3 at full price. Price may drop down to what I am looking to pay on craigslist in 3-4 months, but is there any way that comes to your mind so I could get this phone now for my budget price??

mankows5

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What phone do you have now? Sell that phone ... if you can get $100 out of it, pay your 300 etf then buy the S3 for 200, then you are out the $400 you are looking to spend.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What phone do you have now? Sell that phone ... if you can get $100 out of it, pay your 300 etf then buy the S3 for 200, then you are out the $400 you are looking to spend.

Hmmmm.. that does sound like a possibility. I have Epic Touch right now. Any idea what a 9 month old Epic Touch would be worth??

On the other note, it would also cost me around the same amount to buy S3 from craigslist and sell me older device to offset some of the cost. Saves me from getting into a new contract. Is there any cons to buying a device and activating on current contract? Would my TEP insurance then onwards cover the S3?

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm.. that does sound like a possibility. I have Epic Touch right now. Any idea what a 9 month old Epic Touch would be worth??

On the other note, it would also cost me around the same amount to buy S3 from craigslist and sell me older device to offset some of the cost. Saves me from getting into a new contract. Is there any cons to buying a device and activating on current contract? Would my TEP insurance then onwards cover the S3?

Your TEP covers the line not the device so yes it would cover it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I hope everyone understands Android Central does not support scams and/or fraudulent attempts/workarounds to scam carriers or stores. Further discussion of such things will result in further actions being taken, so lets not go there.

Paul627g,
Forums Moderator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mercury81

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I hope everyone understands Android Central does not support scams and/or fraudulent attempts/workarounds to scam carriers/stores.

Paul627g,
Forums Moderator.

I agree this why my insurance went from $100.00 deductible to $150.00 because of scammers like this...:mad:

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I hope everyone understands Android Central does not support scams and/or fraudulent attempts/workarounds to scam carriers or stores. Further discussion of such things will result in further actions being taken, so lets not go there.

Paul627g,
Forums Moderator.

He is just asking if his insurance will cover phone not purchased from the carrier. He was talking about selling the phone and BUYING off eBay. Do NOT think he said anything about claiming on the phone!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
He is just asking if his insurance will cover phone not purchased from the carrier. He was talking about selling the phone and BUYING off eBay. Do NOT think he said anything about claiming on the phone!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
I have no problem with the OP's post, there was however other posts which were removed/cleaned up that suggested some scams and ideas which we do not support.

Paul627g.
Forums Moderator.