Sprints Protection or Best Buys?

JOSH_W

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Patiently awaiting my SGSIII, I was wondering what everyone is going to do about protection plan? I've had sprints TEP all along but I'm considering Best Buys Black Tie, any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

Sent from my EVO3D using Android Central Forums

scorpeo88

May 21, 2012
Visit site
best buy for suure, its 169 for 2 years, covers everything you can think of except lost/stolen. Sprint is $10-14 a month (i think) i believe you get one battery replacement at best buy, in addition, you have unlimited claims at $0 deductible whereas sprint is somewhere between $50-100 deduct each time you want it fixed. plus going to the sprint store is a nightmare.

one positive note about sprint protection tho- theres more of a chance you will get same day, at best buy, i believe they will send it out and they give you a loaner phone.. (dont quote me on the same day service for sprint, and it also depends on what is wrong with the phone)

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to thread tread but I didnt want to start a new thread for a similar subject.....

but...

Is anyone finding options other then bestbuy or sprint? I was thinking of maybe squaretrade or something like that. they offer 1 year for $70 and 2 for $125 covering upto $750 if you bought your device within the last 30 days.

I've never used them.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

any reason not to use them? :confused:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above with Sprint, they do have repair shop in certain corp stores where you might get instant fix . Although again they will not give out a loaner phone if(broken) it has to be sent out.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

JOSH_W

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My experience with sprint has been a refurbished replacement within 4 days. When my EVO 4G died they offered me a refurbished EVO3D which I happily accepted, this will be my first Samsung phone. I've been considering Best Buys protection because sprint is raising their prices and deductible which is ridiculous.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My experience with sprint has been a refurbished replacement within 4 days. When my EVO 4G died they offered me a refurbished EVO3D which I happily accepted, this will be my first Samsung phone. I've been considering Best Buys protection because sprint is raising their prices and deductible which is ridiculous.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Glad to hear you got loaner in four days,I don't think I could last four days without a phone.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I went with best buys insurance because of the raised prices and deductible at sprint. But after thinking about it I might cancel bb cause I like to change phones often (every 6 month to a year)I buy used until my next upgrade and once I change phones I will be left with no insurance cause you can't add INS from sprint unless its an upgrade I believe.. Just something to think about if you don't keep your phone the whole contact term.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
To help.

Sprint - $11/mo. This covers everything including lost/stolen and liquid damage. If a phone is lost, stolen, has liquid damage, or abuse beyond normal wear and tear (smashed screens, exposed main board because of missing plastic, etc.) then you must use the insurance portion. $150 (phones with MSRP $549.99-$599.99) and they will overnight a replacement (new or refurbished) to you. If something is wrong with the phone (blown speaker, touchscreen quits workings, buttons not working) it falls under service and repair. Sprint service center will fix it if possible. If not, a replacement is ordered and swapped out with the defective device. Corp stores can send them to your address and often will not have loaners. Preferred retailers service centers must order replacements to the store but often will have loaners because they want you as a customer.

It is possible to only have 1 of the 2 above. If you never lose your phone or don't want that protection, you can drop insurance. Or, the other way around. I believe insurance is $8 and service and repair is $3.

If you do not have service and repair, the above service for a defective phone is available for $35. If you chose this service, you are allowed to add TEP at that point. If you do not have insurance and lose your phone, drop it in a pool, etc. there is nothing a service center can do for you.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mercury81

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12