Switched to s3 from Evolte

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I must say that so far I am suprisingly very impressed with the s3. I must say....so far...very happy that i made the switch.
I think I am more shocked than anything about how impressed I am....

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I must say that so far I am suprisingly very impressed with the s3. I must say....so far...very happy that i made the switch.
I think I am more shocked than anything about how impressed I am....

My thoughts exactly... I knew that I'd be happy with it, having owned an SII for quite a while and really enjoying it. But wow...this phone is amazing, especially after the EVO LTE.

criffaaa1

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
glad to see the switch turned out to be positive now I can't wait to get mine!

Sent from my crifftevo that was smuggled through customs in a monkeys back fat.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Me too will be exchanging the evo lte for the gs3 once I get my BB preorder hopefully tomorrow. Find the evo too lagy responding when you hit any screen, app or menu. Not as smooth as my previous epic 4g touch gs2.

Ian B

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree. Multitasking was horrible and was so laggy with sense. This gs3. Wowwwww. First of all recent apps goes on forever. Literally will never end. And the lagg is nearly none. Most noticeable is when pushing the home button. But that's because the system waits to see if you will hit it again to activate s voice. home button. What can I say. I actually don't mind it. Has a nice feel n seems very solid. definitely a worthy successor to the s2. Specially with 2 gig of ram. Wow. amazing.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Besides the screen and presumably the built in kick stand do you miss anything about the Evo. I'm debating making the switch and can use all the input I can get.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Besides the screen and presumably the built in kick stand do you miss anything about the Evo. I'm debating making the switch and can use all the input I can get.

I haven't seen the screen yet, but as far as the kickstand (which I knew I was going to miss as well coming from the EVO 4G) you can order a case with an embedded stand.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I thought I would miss about the EVO LTE would have been the build quality, but after holding my S3...not even a factor. This thing is great.

And I know that the EVO has a better screen... But I actually like this one more for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mc7hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A agree. Played with my friends lte and I prefer this screen. Idk why. In love with this phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I spent 2 weeks with the HTC EVO LTE 4G, the one I had, had problems with 3G data and receiving calls. The screen was better on the EVO, and I miss the kickstand. I prefer the intergration of sense, so far, but that maybe because of using nothing but EVO's since they came out. The SG3 is its equal in many other ways, and so far bests it in a few others.
The multitasking is far superior to the EVO. I also prefer the HTC keyboard.
The multitasking on the EVO is disapointing, if you can get past that, you can't go wrong with either phone.
All in all, I think the SG3 does what it suposed to do smoother and as it was meant to be done, better than the EVO.

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I sent in my Pre order for a White 32GB today. Im in my 2nd week on the EVO LTE...not real impressed. Ive been through HTC Hero, HTC EVO, HTC EVO3D, HTC EVO SHIFT, Moto Photon, now HTC EVO LTE...on to my first Samsung

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the screen is better on the evo but I donth regret the switch. The screen is still beautiful and I don't really notice the pentile screen. I have owned every evo which was made but I'm very impressed and satisfied wwith the s3 .

I loved the feel of the Evo but I like the s3 more !

sent from my shiny new S3 on the sprint network.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I spent 2 weeks with the HTC EVO LTE 4G, the one I had, had problems with 3G data and receiving calls. The screen was better on the EVO, and I miss the kickstand. I prefer the intergration of sense, so far, but that maybe because of using nothing but EVO's since they came out. The SG3 is its equal in many other ways, and so far bests it in a few others.
The multitasking is far superior to the EVO. I also prefer the HTC keyboard.
The multitasking on the EVO is disapointing, if you can get past that, you can't go wrong with either phone.
All in all, I think the SG3 does what it suposed to do smoother and as it was meant to be done, better than the EVO.

How's the 3g reception and call quality on the s3 compared?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just my observation here and seeing the number of phones that each individual has owned in a short time it's almost like a jumping ladder for phones.I realize that there's more likeable functions from each of the different phones, but seriously I could not jump through four different phones in two years. It just makes me truly wonder of its a true issue our just a phone jumping addiction that most are suffering from. Just sayin...:beer::D

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubfan

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
How's the 3g reception and call quality on the s3 compared?

The EVO LTE that I had, I believe was defective. It would repeatedly not find a 3G data signal unless I did a reset. Then the final straw was that it wasn't receiving calls for a whole day. 2 calls to sprint and they couldn't resolve the problem, thats when I took the phone back. BB asked if I wanted another, I paused, thought about the multitasking problem, the many times where the HTC took forever for the home screen to load and the hype about the SG3. I then said no and here I am with a SG3, so far no regrets.
Oh yeah, your question.... No problems with 3g reception and the call quality is great. The EVO had good call quality when it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay