Handcent LED

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
has anyone figured out how to get the LED to flash normally with handcent when you receive a text message? maybe i just have to wait till handcent gets updated.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I found with my Epic Touch that the only way for Handscent to work right with the LED was to keep it set at Blink LED, Color = Blue, and Led Flash Frequency = Default. Any other settings will mess it up. Not sure if it's the same for this phone, but worth a shot.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I found with my Epic Touch that the only way for Handscent to work right with the LED was to keep it set at Blink LED, Color = Blue, and Led Flash Frequency = Default. Any other settings will mess it up. Not sure if it's the same for this phone, but worth a shot.

i had it working on my epic touch too; but its not working on this phone yet :(

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I Hope they update that, as I'm planning on getting the SG III. I do Love having an LED that works... And I really would not want to give up Handcent.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Lightflow shouldnt use too much battery. As I understand it, it's not an actual running service but rather a dormant service that gets called when a status bar notification event occurs.

I could be wrong or it could have been different at one point, but you shouldn't see too much of a hit. Noled on the other hand (for phones without LED) was a battery destroyer

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Lightflow shouldnt use too much battery. As I understand it, it's not an actual running service but rather a dormant service that gets called when a status bar notification event occurs.

I could be wrong or it could have been different at one point, but you shouldn't see too much of a hit. Noled on the other hand (for phones without LED) was a battery destroyer

have you read it with the SIII? i guess it doesnt allow it to go into sleep or something

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
have you read it with the SIII? i guess it doesnt allow it to go into sleep or something

Any app that causes a wake lock will destroy a battery in no time so if lightflow causes wake lock then that's an issue. I believe there's 3 or 4 methods to establish LF though so have they all been tested? Also an app wake lock is typically a call modification in the app so make sure you report it and send logs to the dev. There's a special way to use LF on HTCs so he must be willing to support specific device users

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The app description says SGS3 works. I wonder if the person who tested didn't give the app assessability permission in developer options. Without this, the app may be forced to actively watch for notifications rather than be dormant. Just tossing out ideas with you guys ....

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The app description says SGS3 works. I wonder if the person who tested didn't give the app assessability permission in developer options. Without this, the app may be forced to actively watch for notifications rather than be dormant. Just tossing out ideas with you guys ....

i wonder if it was updated recently; so this plays nicely with handcent?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like I said I recall there being a couple different ways to implement LF service so I'd download and play around. On my photon I used it for a month or 2 and didn't experience any battery use from it. On the moto the pure default settings worked without any root permission (think HTC needs root) but you had to go into accessability and give LF permission.

You guys will figure it out, I'm confident

EDIT - For those new to Android and think I'm speaking a different language, after installing this app, from the home screen hit Menu>System settings> accessibility >select lightflow under services - allow.

Last edited:

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I too am having the constant red LED with Handcent problem >.< I hope a fix is in the works. It's not just Handcent though, it's ALL the SMS apps beside the default even though I had them all set to blink blue at normal speed...

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I can change the color of the led via handcent, but no matter what, it won't blink, simply stay's lighted up till you go into the message and read it. I think this has been an on going issue, but for now, my led is purple, not bad...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Guess I'm the stupid one that never noticed it didn't blink to begin with lol. LED confuses me. All I know is that when I see the light on... I know to check my phone haha

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
The Light Flow guys have a pretty good write up on their blog regarding the issues with the LED on the US versions of the GS3. Light Flow - Blog

I suspect that any app that does something with the LED will have to be modified.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Guess I'm the stupid one that never noticed it didn't blink to begin with lol. LED confuses me. All I know is that when I see the light on... I know to check my phone haha

Mine blinks blue, but very slowly. Tried lightflow a few weeks ago but gave up. Way too many issues with GS 3. Maybe they have updated since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12