Sprint Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the Samsung Galaxy S3 stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:

• Aesthetics
  • Screen
  • Hardware
  • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
  • Overall User Interface (including TouchWiz)
  • Widgets
  • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
  • GPS
  • Social Networking
  • Email/Calendar
  • Battery Life
  • Performance
  • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
  • Keyboard's
  • Camera (both still & video)
  • How the Galaxy S3 compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
  • Disappointments (if any)

Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the Galaxy S3, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the Galaxy S3 prior to having one ;)

And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So... First impressions?

So, it's been a few hours now... What do you think of your new precious?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

epic_samantha

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: So... First impressions?

OMG, I love this smartphone!!! I wasn't this impressed with the S2 Epic I had. I couldn't be happier. Picture quality is amazing, it's snappy and very little bloatware. It's so sleek looking, I ordered the White S3 16GB (obviously). So happy I chose this smartphone. :D

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

even though it's much bigger than my iPhone, it seems much more comfortable and lighter. The screen is awesome, though I can't figure out why the screen dims when I go on the internet. Sound on calls is freakin awesome. I have made two calls, and they were loud and clear. I had problems hearing on my iPhone. Maybe it's because I'm use to the iPhone, but the quality does feel cheap, though I would trade that because it is so light.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

The browser likely has a default brightness setting which you can change or turn off.

gamercholo

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Im really satisfied with my purchase, I'm just waiting for some good cases to come out.

mc7hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in love with this phone. Played with the evo lte before I preordered this and I'm glad I didn't felt that. It's a great phone but this is fantastic!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I have an epic 4g now, how's the one handed operation of the s3? I can comfortably navigate and type one handed in portrait, not sure if I'd be able to with an extra .8"

epic_samantha

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So I have an epic 4g now, how's the one handed operation of the s3? I can comfortably navigate and type one handed in portrait, not sure if I'd be able to with an extra .8"

I'm still getting used to it but I can type and browse one handed just fine.

Send from my Samsung Galaxy S lll

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just went to a freinds house to set her new GS3 up for her (I dont have my 32gb yet) ...

Awesome phone....

Beautiful screen, fast, smooth, no lag and lots of cool new stuff. Cant wait gor mine to get here!

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

For me, this is hands down the best phone that I've ever owned. Coming from an EVO 4G LTE, I actually like this screen better, even though the EVO has a "better" one! And the operation is so much smoother, too...not a hint of lag (at least not yet).

Oh, and I'm loving the home button! :D

Edit: When I called to activate the phone, the rep that I spoke with (who was awesome) said that I was the first person that she's spoken to that had one, and that she wasn't aware that they had been released. :confused:

omahabruin

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

go yo seidioonline.com. I swear by these cases. they are thin and light but protect the phone, The black is available for order now.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It is very fast. Touch wiz is better than before. The screen is beautiful. But I pretty much ruined my first day by stubbornly trying to restore a backup with my backup pro. I have my checkbook that I absolutely need. It will restore the app but it absolutely won't restore the data... I worked all night and just became too agitated to enjoy myself. Hopefully I will get it figured out before long but am done for the evening.

Other than that , it has been wonderful. It will also take some time getting used to the back button on the right side. :D

Edit: ??%#@&$ Doh... The phone must be rooted to restore data. Where's the root !? Bring on the ROOT !!!

Last edited:

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site

I spent 2 weeks with the HTC EVO LTE 4G, the one I had, had problems with 3G data and receiving calls. The screen was better on the EVO, and I miss the kickstand. I prefer sense so far, but that maybe because of using nothing but EVO's since they came out. The SG3 is its equal in many other ways, and so far bests it in a few others.
The multitasking is far superior to the EVO.
Other than the multitasking, you can't go wrong with either phone.
All in all, I think the SG3 does what it suposed to do smoother and as it was meant to do it, better than the EVO.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

you accidentally hit the menu or back keys tooo often, build quality problem, but everything else is great so far, munis a few minor things

What kind of build quality problems are you having? Mine is really solid, at least so far...

And so far I haven't had the random button pressing problems that I was having with the EVO; I kept hitting the volume buttons when I was looking for power. I know I would have gotten used to it, but coming from an S2 it was annoying as hell. :D

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

driving me up a wall. Not in a bad way, I but a bit if a learning curve for me coming from 3 different HTC phones ive had the last couple of years. But it's fun learning something new as well. No issues with the phone yet. We'll my alarm didn't go off this morning but ill test that again later.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This phone is just too damned slick. I mean literally slick. I have never had an issue dropping g phones until now. I guess I need a case afterall.

Walking from the car to work the phone slipped from my hand and bounced 3 times on 3 of 4 corners. Warning the chrome edge is extremely soft. I guess I can tell my gs3 from my daughter's now without viewing the screen. :(

Reactions: jacker