Screen unlock issues?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with unlock on their S3? I hit the power button and there is no touch screen function for a few moments occasionally. Other times the touch screen registers my input but won't unlock the phone the first few tries. Yes, I am swiping plenty far enough to be considered unlocking.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried that first thing this morning to see if it would help with this issue and the wifi issue but no luck, both issues are still present. Did a factory data reset after a battery pull didn't help.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried using it after the reset without installing any apps to see if the problem disappears? Might as well eliminate that before you exchange its possible the issue is back because of an app.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Worth mentioning that this is commonly called the black screen of death and a google search of android black screen of death will provide overwhelming results. Bottom line is I've personally experienced this caused by a kernel bug, and by an app from the market. Typically when there's a very limited amount of users experiencing it, it's probably safe to assume the kernel is good and focus of an app or possibly faulty hardware.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No issues with the screen not lighting up, just issues with it not registering touch input and also not unlocking right away when it does register touch input occasionally.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just remembered that one phone i had suffered the BSOD but only when charging from a wall outlet. Didn't happen while discharge or USB charge. See if you can possibly identify any common denominators like what I mentioned above.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon