Sprint GS3 flicker after return to home

joeydownsouth

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I leave any app with home or back arrow, I get a different background picture for a split second, any1 else get this?

Message brought to you by my stock GalaxyS3

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Weird, I get a regular flicker of the screen every hour or so. I've only seen it using Chrome so far, so I hope it's app specific.

BethWaldner

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone does this as well. I have a t-mobile GS3 and I am using GO Launcher, but ever since I got the update to 4.0.4 my screen flashes the dandilion pic from TW Launcher after any time I click on a notification or go to an app from the notifications bar (like a music app I have running that I want to switch back to, or a text message that opens up from the notifications bar)

Even if I am connecting to bluetooth and I just click on the bluetooth settings notification to pull up the available devices, the screen flashes just going to the settings. I don't think it's an issue with any apps I have, I think its a software issue or an issue with TW launcher in the background (because I use GO launcher).

Has anyone found a fix for this problem? my boyfriends phone does it as well, so I know it must be a problem with the devices or software.

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
when i open an app from the lock screen i see icons from my app draw for a split second or so.

not sure if this is related to what you guys are talking about.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If I use the Home or back buttons going to home screen from messaging app, it takes 3-5 seconds for it to redraw. Worse though with the home button. It does this occasionally with other apps but only every so often.

I have an idea though:

Maybe it's apple's patented super secret patent disabling system that's not working correctly. It's supposed to just disable apple's patented processes but it's wreaking havok on non-apple related apparatuses. Once iOS 6 is implemented, a fix will be sent out via OTA without our knowledge and all should be good.....

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If I use the Home or back buttons going to home screen from messaging app, it takes 3-5 seconds for it to redraw. Worse though with the home button. It does this occasionally with other apps but only every so often.

I have an idea though:

I have the same problem with the messaging app. It might be Touchwiz related. I don't think there is a fix out yet but hopefully an update will fix this.

Corrosive

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Im running stock and just started noticing this when I updated netflix. Hope this is not going to be a reoccurring problem. It has only happened once this morning though; I have not tried using the app since.

BethWaldner

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not a home screen redraw I am experiencing. It is a quick flash of the dandelion picture that flickers on my screen every time I click on a message or app from the notifications bar. I am not even using TW launcher I am using Go Launcher. Also, I tried a factory reset and that did not help, so it's not app related. Furthermore, This is the 3rd Samsung Galaxy S3 that has had the same bug. This concludes me to think that it is an OS glitch that became a problem with the update to 4.0.4 and needs to be fixed by the developers. Hopefully soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781