Netflix problems on S3

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
When I open the Netflix app and enter my email address and password, as soon as I try to proceed it just closes the app. Anyone else having this issue? I did a factory data reset and no luck, same problem.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, really hoping I am not the only one here. I don't use it all the time but it is a nice app to have on my phone.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I called Netflix, they are unaware of any problems with this phone or my account. This is starting to bug me now.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow do I feel like an idiot! Sometimes the most obvious and easy solution is the last thing you think about. I should have done that in the first place. It is now working :)

jacobimh

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got the MHL to HDMI cable specifically made for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Everything seems to work, although it is picky with my HDMI ports on my tv. One works, one works without sound, one does not work.

As for Netflix, mine is working fine on the phone, but when I output it to the tv, it resizes the video to the old tv size screen and not my HD widescreen. Everything else on the phone seems to fill the screen, but Netflix specifically resizes every video I show, so on the phone is it widescreen, but on the tv it is not. I can stretch it on the tv, but that reduces the quality.

Anyone else having this problem? I hope to try this on a different tv, although I wanted it to work on mine. My previous Samsung Charge (with hdmi micro out slot on the phone) connects fine to all my Panasonic HDTV HDMI slots and Netflix shows wide screen fine on the tv.

Thanks for any feedback.

Michael

kyopoboy

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was having trouble trying to login to Netflix. When I was typing my email/pw, it would only capture about every 5th or 6th character? Anyone else have that problem? I finally figured out the algorithm and was able to login, but not being able to see the pw characters really sucked.

nknw

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
how did you fix that?! i've been having the same problem on my galaxy s3. it only shows one character and i can't log in :(

davidh222

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
how did you fix that?! i've been having the same problem on my galaxy s3. it only shows one character and i can't log in :(
Same issue here. Just started today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I can access Netflix through the browser, but I'd like the app to work. Please help if you can

barbielaine

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Just started today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I can access Netflix through the browser, but I'd like the app to work. Please help if you can

I had this issue in the beginning as well. Just removed the predictive keyboard ( menu button )and I was able to login

w777420w

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
for Netflix to work on S3, you have to turn of predictive text by going to menu, settings, language and input and click on the cog next to Samsung Keyboard and turn of predictive text.
Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it won?t allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

SPRINT EMPLOYEE :)
DENVER COLORADO:-$:D:p

---------- Post Merged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:11 PM ----------

for Netflix to work on S3, you have to turn of predictive text by going to menu, settings, language and input and click on the cog next to Samsung Keyboard and turn of predictive text.
Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it won’t allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it won’t allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Smart Keyboard Pro since day one on my S3. Wasn't even aware of the keyboard issue since I don't use the stock one. Makes sense and glad I know about it for future use.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem, I got swift key from play store, so much better!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Suzanne Conway

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me before. But it just finally worked, eventually, after attempting many times. So, basically all I have to offer for advice is just keep trying. Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but at least you know you are not the only one to have experienced this issue. Good luck!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay