Anybody in Houston Tx with the phone?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks I got so fed up with Sprints horrible data speeds that I am testing out ATT to find out if a change is in order. However, I am very weary that I may go over my 5gb data so I havn't made a full decision yet. With that said, has anyone in Houston gotten the S3 and if so please give me the rundown on how it performs on that network. Battery, Dataspeeds and ETC. Im trying to make a decision in 10 days and hopefully Sprint has the LTE on by then.

Also,
Not trying to start anything by saying this but if you have never experienced a phone like this on a replacable network, then do yourself a favor and try it out. Im getting 21mbps in Houston with ATT and the phone is like a blur. A real network makes those dual cores that we long for shine, it really does.

Thanks

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's good to hear. I'm in Houston and waiting on either retailer or Sprint stores themselves to have them for walk-in customers. I didn't pre-order as I wanted my wife to have both the new EVO LTE and the GS3 in hand to compare....an extensive comparison.

While neither my wife or myself ever go past 5 GBs/month.....it's still sort of puts me at ease knowing that I have unlimited data from a subconscious standpoint. We never were able to take advantage of the putrid 4G WiMax...even though Houston is considered one of the biggest markets. It left everything to be desired. A total waste and raping of extra $10/month. But...they worded that stipulation astutely saying they weren't charging the $10 because of the 4G but moreso because "smartphones use more data when we know that's why they charged the $10 for something no one was able to take full advantage of. Water under the bridge now.

Hopefully they don't drop the ball with the LTE that's set to roll-out here "soon". I'd like my 4G device to have 4G speeds for a change. Can't wait till the retailers have enough stock.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. I'm in Houston and waiting on either retailer or Sprint stores themselves to have them for walk-in customers. I didn't pre-order as I wanted my wife to have both the new EVO LTE and the GS3 in hand to compare....an extensive comparison.

While neither my wife or myself ever go past 5 GBs/month.....it's still sort of puts me at ease knowing that I have unlimited data from a subconscious standpoint. We never were able to take advantage of the putrid 4G WiMax...even though Houston is considered one of the biggest markets. It left everything to be desired. A total waste and raping of extra $10/month. But...they worded that stipulation astutely saying they weren't charging the $10 because of the 4G but moreso because "smartphones use more data when we know that's why they charged the $10 for something no one was able to take full advantage of. Water under the bridge now.

Hopefully they don't drop the ball with the LTE that's set to roll-out here "soon". I'd like my 4G device to have 4G speeds for a change. Can't wait till the retailers have enough stock.

100% agreed..What are your speeds in the area right now with 3g..I can get over 35kpbs and thats worse than dial-up..The ping has seemed to improve in Houston be speeds are a shame.

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Houston and I get about 200 kbps, really does need the support of a better network, but I just can't beat the price so it's good enough for me