bluetooth for phone, headphone jack for music problem

msp-droid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this issue? I connect to my cars bluetooth for phone use. I then have a aux port i connect to the headphone jack for music. This seems to be setup fine. phone is linked to bluetooth and i'm hearing my music through the aux. but if i use the phone (call in or out) the car switches to bluetooth but the phone seems to be sending out the headphone jack...as soon as i unplug the headphone jack, the bluetooth works again. this has worked fine on my old evo 3d and even older palm pre...

now i read and it looks like older galaxy's had this as well and it's 'by design'. not sure how that could be since it doesn't work at all..hmmm

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue now, as well...Can't speak for old Galaxies having the issue, though. I never had the issue with my Epic 4G. Anyone have workaround???

Deluxxe Bus

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the Galaxy S3 yesterday, and I am having this exact same problem. My phone is paired with the car, but I'm listening to my music on my phone (through the headphone jack), and when I get a call my phone defaults to the headphone jack and my car to the bluetooth. I'd appreciate if anyone can help.

I'm coming from the original Evo, and it always defaulted to Bluetooth, it was so nice.

Deluxxe Bus

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with Samsung, they said they don't have any settings or ways to change this. Very disappointing. I'm going to trade my phone in for the HTC LTE, because that is the point of BT, so you don't have to mess with your phone to answer it, especially while driving.

Also, from all of my research, Samsung users have had this problem for a long time, where Motorola and HTC users have never had it. That's pretty frustrating.

msp-droid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I wonder. I'm going to try this approach. ordered this cheapo bluetooth audo receiver from amazon

Amazon.com: ECOMGEAR? USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter for PC Speaker Phones 3.5mm Stereo: Electronics

so i'll connect my car aux port to that and hopefully be able to listen to music through it (via a2dp bluetooth) and also use the bluetooth headset profile at the same time for the phone. no idea if it will work but figured i'd try it for $10.

This should work. I think the usb on the receiver is for its power needs. I know when i connect my plantronics voyager pro+ I have the option under bluetooth settings to connect phone audio, media audio, or both. So if you keep your headset connected phone audio, and this connected media audio, it should give you the results you are looking for. all you need now is a place to plug it in for power and any standard cigarette to usb power adapter should work.

Please keep us posted n this. TIA

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This should work. I think the usb on the receiver is for its power needs. I know when i connect my plantronics voyager pro+ I have the option under bluetooth settings to connect phone audio, media audio, or both. So if you keep your headset connected phone audio, and this connected media audio, it should give you the results you are looking for. all you need now is a place to plug it in for power and any standard cigarette to usb power adapter should work.

Please keep us posted n this. TIA

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That a snazzy find...cheap too...might pick one regardless of whether it fixes the problem at hand, hehe...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

msp-droid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Got the adapter today. Works great so far! was able to listen to music through it and then it auto switched to the phone properly when i made a call. Total cost of solution was around $14. $10 for the bluetooth adapter and $4 for the 12v usb adapter for the car.

Reactions: hoovhartid

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear....ordered mine shortly after you posted the link, but my tracking ship date is out in Aug. I'm hoping it's lying..hehe

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the solutions listed here, but I noticed this today for the first time on a road trip and it's so ANNOYING. It actually makes me angry.

Phone plus Bluetooth headset plus case plus car charger and I'm done buying accessories for this awesome phone that unfortunately is probably going back to the Sprint store for an exchange.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Got the adapter today. Works great so far! was able to listen to music through it and then it auto switched to the phone properly when i made a call. Total cost of solution was around $14. $10 for the bluetooth adapter and $4 for the 12v usb adapter for the car.

PRO-PAIN

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine in today, works like a champ. Although, I think I'm gonna clean up the install a little and try wiring it in behind the dash....but the dirty install will do for now....

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This stinks. With my BT headset connected and call audio checked, if I plug anything into the headphone jack it disabled speakerphone AND bluetooth.

Terrible design.