Dropped SGIII and now screen issues.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My son had his SGIII for a whole week before he dropped it. He says it was dropped about 2 feet, but I want there so I dont know. There is just the most minor of a nick on the side of the phone where it hit.

Screen was all screwed up with colors, etc. After doing a battery pull the screen is so dim you can see anything.

Not really anything to do but for him to pony up the money to Assurion, but just wanted to remind everyone how delicate these things really can be. Ive seen many drops from a lot higher than this without issues. I guess it really comes down to the luck of how it lands. :(

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My son had his SGIII for a whole week before he dropped it. He says it was dropped about 2 feet, but I want there so I dont know. There is just the most minor of a nick on the side of the phone where it hit.

Screen was all screwed up with colors, etc. After doing a battery pull the screen is so dim you can see anything.

Not really anything to do but for him to pony up the money to Assurion, but just wanted to remind everyone how delicate these things really can be. Ive seen many drops from a lot higher than this without issues. I guess it really comes down to the luck of how it lands. :(

I think its safe to say that the majority of these phones are pretty delicate! Did your son have a protective case on the phone by any chance??