08-05-2013 11:25 PM
36 12
tools
    Contrary to popular belief Samsung keyboard is not the Swype keyboard. The Swype keyboard actually is probably the best keyboard ever to date. Now that Nuance had acquired Swype the speech (drag-on) input and rendering amazing! You now can Swype, tap, talk or write with this keyboard. The Samsung and Google keyboards do have Swype like capabilities but it just doesn't compare! Swype also does a great job at predicting the next word like Swiftkey.It also does well with spell checking. I too thought the Samsung was Swype keyboard but I'm glad I found the right one. You should try for yourself let me know what you think. It has some bugs,it's Still In beta but I'm still satisfied! beta.swype.com
    Makad likes this.
    07-11-2012 09:22 AM
    I disagree I like swiftkey3 more :P but I do suck at swiping the keyboard to type.. So maybe that's why lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-11-2012 09:39 AM
    You can use it as a typing keyboard with prediction just like swiftkey3. You don't have to Swype
    Makad likes this.
    07-11-2012 09:51 AM
    Contrary to popular belief Samsung keyboard is not the Swype keyboard. The Swype keyboard actually is probably the best keyboard ever to date. Now that Nuance had acquired Swype the speech (drag-on) input and rendering amazing! You now can Swype, tap, talk or write with this keyboard. The Samsung and Google keyboards do have Swype like capabilities but it just doesn't compare! Swype also does a great job at predicting the next word like Swiftkey.It also does well with spell checking. I too thought the Samsung was Swype keyboard but I'm glad I found the right one. You should try for yourself let me know what you think. It has some bugs,it's Still In beta but I'm still satisfied! beta.swype.com
    totally agree. I switched to the swype beta and it is the bomb. The voice to text is almost flawless even for a fairly long entry. And as you say word prediction is much better than the stock keyboard.
    Makad likes this.
    07-11-2012 10:07 AM
    Love Swype it was one of the first things I installed when I got my phone! It's amazing! I love the swype function, but sometimes I just use it as a regular keyboard and even with a lot of typos it still knows the word I'm trying to type. I haven't tried the voice typing yet.
    07-11-2012 05:01 PM
    I disagree I like swiftkey3 more :P but I do suck at swiping the keyboard to type.. So maybe that's why lol

I agree! I just downloaded SwiftKey and it's amazing!!

07-11-2012 05:55 PM
    i like the switkey the best. i just tried downloading swype beta just to try it out tho and its ed its saying my email i entered to register is invalid but it isnt, its the one linked to my phone so i guess no swype beta for me
    07-12-2012 04:57 PM
    Love the Swype beta. I have no idea what the default keyboard Samsung has installed but it is nothing like the real Swype.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 11:16 PM
    Yessss took me a while to find Swype at first but after I did I fell in love. It learns the words you use just like swift key. Does Ann amazing job at predicting and spell checking. Much better than that t9 crap by Samsung.
    07-13-2012 01:29 PM
    Swiftkey 3 is the best keyboard, bar none. It's lightyears ahead of Swype and the stock GS3 keyboard.
    07-13-2012 04:46 PM
    Just installed the Swype Beta and it is a big improvement over what comes with the GS3. I like Swiftkey 3 a lot but can't Swype being free, and its a damn nice keyboard. If your not going to pay for a keyboard app then definitely get Swype Beta.
    07-13-2012 07:33 PM
    Not that I condone it, but swype is easier for texting n driving. Ppl r gna do it, might as well pick the easier/"safer" way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 12:06 AM
    I installed Swype beta last night and I must tell u all that.......it's NIICCEE for a FREE KEYBOARD!! Those others that r paying for a keyboard are suckers...sorry, lol!

07-14-2012 09:57 AM
    I have used both, I still prefer Swype over SwiftKey 3. Both are nice, but my fat gorilla hands and fingers do much better tracing my words than typing. The predictive feature on SwiftKey is pretty sweet, its nice to be able to have the next word accurately predicted and just tap that. But having a Swype-esque function is just a personal preference. Both are great options, and can make any stock keyboard look like the ugly redheaded step child.
    07-14-2012 10:52 AM
    I love swype. It came installed on my phone and tablet. I can't find the beta version you're referring to. Should I be searching for something other than "swype keyboard beta" ?
    The one I have works great but doesn't handle accurately more than a few words at a time on voice input, so if there is something better, I'm willing to try it.
    09-04-2012 10:39 AM
    You can use it as a typing keyboard with prediction just like swiftkey3. You don't have to Swype
    That would defeat the point though. Swype's predictions are good, but not even close to what Swiftkey can do. I go between the two as swype is handy fot one handed testing if I'm in a line or whatever.
    09-04-2012 10:49 AM
    Swype and Swiftkey are the 2 best out there, depending on your flavor.
    Upstreammiami likes this.
    09-04-2012 11:21 AM
    Just played with Swype a little and have to say, it's nice! But it lacks some features that SlideIT has. For example, shortcuts. You can swipe "btw" and it gets expanded into "by the way". Of course, Swype is still a beta, so I'm sure more features will be added.
    09-04-2012 03:01 PM
    I was tempted to buy SwiftKey for $1 since its currently on sale, but Swype will probably never be replaced for me! I installed the Swype Beta on day one of getting the phone. I wanted to install it on my E4GT but they wouldnt allow me. The voice dictation is better than the old one and better than Google's, and the predictive text is nice. Not sure its better than SwiftKey, but its there if you rely on it (I dont). I havent tried the drawing/handwriting aspect yet.
    09-04-2012 05:14 PM
    For Swipe Swype is the best, for typing swifkey is the best.

Galaxy SIII
    09-04-2012 05:19 PM
    I love swype. It came installed on my phone and tablet. I can't find the beta version you're referring to. Should I be searching for something other than "swype keyboard beta" ?
    The one I have works great but doesn't handle accurately more than a few words at a time on voice input, so if there is something better, I'm willing to try it.
    Go to Swypes website. You can get the beta version from them
    LindaSB12 likes this.
    09-04-2012 06:17 PM
    Just played with Swype a little and have to say, it's nice! But it lacks some features that SlideIT has. For example, shortcuts. You can swipe "btw" and it gets expanded into "by the way". Of course, Swype is still a beta, so I'm sure more features will be added.
    Swype is always in beta, at least the one you download. They sell their non beta version to phone manufacturers and it comes pre-packed on some phones. Thats how they make their money.

The beta is actually the better one because it is more advanced. Before you could not install the beta without rooting and modifying the old swype but the most recent Swype generation has allowed it on any phone. My MoPho had Swype and Swype Beta on it.
    09-04-2012 06:56 PM
    Swype and Swiftkey are the 2 best out there, depending on your flavor.
    This. I like swiftkey3 personally.

Mco119 likes this.
    09-04-2012 10:21 PM
    Go to Swypes website. You can get the beta version from them
    Thanks, I'm gonna do that.
    09-05-2012 12:25 PM
    I have both and have used both. Personally,I like swype better because I have the option to type, swype, or handwrite. I do however, like the color options for swiftkey but I find myself going back to swype so I might as well keep it active.
    09-06-2012 04:23 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD