Screen lock issue

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
If I have the screen unlock set to swipe and it works fine if I use the button to turn the screen off, but, If the phone falls asleep on its own then I turn it back on it doesn't have me swipe it just opens to the home screen
anyone else?

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a feature and may be related to smart stay. I swear there was a way to change this lock delay, but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

dhduvall

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
In the Security settings panel, you can choose "Lock automatically" to tune how long it takes the lock screen to turn on again after the screen shuts off.

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
in security with 'screen lock' set to 'swipe' there are no other options for locking. you only get the lock options if you set 'screen lock' to pin/pattern/password.

so if my phone falls asleep on its own it will turn on without any unlock, just the button push, and pocket dial :)

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have swipe unlock and mine locks, just not right away. Thank god for that too because I use smart stay and am easily distracted. If it goes dark home button takes me back to where I was. If I'm taking a break I just set the phone down and let smart stay put it to sleep and it's always locked when I return.

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. It doesn't need swipe for alittle after it falls asleep but after some unknown amount of time it does need a swipe, tried it and it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21