Another Update for the S3

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm impatient...I dl to my dropbox acct on phone, then changed file name(to: update), then moved to sd card, then went ahead with manual update. Took all of 5min

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm impatient...I dl to my dropbox acct on phone, then changed file name(to: update), then moved to sd card, then went ahead with manual update. Took all of 5min

Can you tell me step by step how to install the manual update? I am a female and this is all new to me, also will this mess up my phone?

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Northern California and still no update here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me step by step how to install the manual update? I am a female and this is all new to me, also will this mess up my phone?

We aren't going to hold your nood status against you. It is VERY easy. I am putting a link below and it will take you to the instructions. At the bottom of the instructions there is another link which will take you to a file to download. You will put the downloaded file on your external sd card. Then you will boot into recovery by pressing the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. You will hold all three buttons until your screen flashes then immediately let go. It's really easy just follow the instruction in the link below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/194514-manually-update-lg8-unrooted-phones-only.html

Last edited:

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
We aren't going to hold your nood status against you. It is VERY easy. I am putting a link below and it will take you to the instructions. At the bottom of the instructions there is another link which will take you to a file to download. You will put the downloaded file on your external sd card. Then you will boot into recovery by pressing the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. You will hold all three buttons until your screen flashes then immediately let go. It's really easy just follow the instruction in the link below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...manually-update-lg8-unrooted-phones-only.html

Thank you so much for the information and link, I was able to do the manual update with your help. Appreciate that:)

naes

May 31, 2011
Visit site
hopefully there will be more support for this device than previous samsung devices... from the looks of it.. so far it seems to be the case

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
"Single picture MMS no longer displayed as slideshow"

I'm glad they addressed this. It was quite annoying. To get around it, I would send an MMS then go create a separate SMS.

No notification for me yet (California).

I'm hoping someone will release an APK for rooted phones, so I don't have to go through the process of reverting to stock, etc.

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Question on the lastest update? It says the latest update should be L710VPLG4, Mine is saying L710VPLG8. Is this right? I unrooted before I did the update, u.s. version.

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Question on the lastest update? It says the latest update should be L710VPLG4, Mine is saying L710VPLG8. Is this right? I unrooted before I did the update, u.s. version.

Sprint's original announcement mistakenly labeled the update as L710VPLG4, which they changed to L710VPLG8 when the actual update started rolling out and the mistake was noticed. But they still have at least one erroneous reference to L710VPLG4 on the Sprint website.

L710VPLG8 is the correct version. There was no L710VPLG4 released.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Waiting as well. But it isn't jelly bean and I don't use smart stay or svoice. So this update means nothing to me. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski