L710VPLG8 update issues?

LurkerX

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I just did the latest system update this morning. Now when charging the phone, the LED stays red and never turns green, no matter how long I'm at 100%. Anyone else seeing this?

I like the new brightness bar in the settings menu, but I wonder what else got broken with the update.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is AWFUL now. I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital. I have awful reception here, and cell stand by usually eats my battery.

Well, after I got the update, I had 59% on my battery. I used facebook for about 10 minutes, my batter was down to 50% after.

I thought this was a fluke.

This morning, I unplug my phone at 100% at 0530. At 0730, my battery is down to 98%, no use.

I open facebook, respond to a post, look up, my batter is down to 93%, after 5 minutes on face book.

Brightness is on auto. Power saving is on, no wifi, no GPS.

My wife left work, drove home last night, her battery went from 100% to 94% in a 20 minute drive home.

I used to unplug at 0530, work all day, and plug in at night at about 65-70% battery power.

I don't know what they broke, but it is broken, and after being an uber fanboy of android and the Galaxy line (we have 3 S3's one S2 and 2 Epics at my house), I will not reccommend this phone to anyone.

4 people at work just went and got this based on mine, before this terrible update. One girl sold her ATT iPhone after hearing me talk about Android for the last 2 years, and got the S3 on ATT.

This is crap.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is AWFUL now. I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital. I have awful reception here, and cell stand by usually eats my battery.

Well, after I got the update, I had 59% on my battery. I used facebook for about 10 minutes, my batter was down to 50% after.

This morning, I unplug my phone at 100% at 0530. At 0730, my battery is down to 98%, no use.

I open facebook, respond to a post, look up, my batter is down to 93%, after 5 minutes on face book.

My wife left work, drove home last night, her battery went from 100% to 94% in a 20 minute drive home.

I used to unplug at 0530, work all day, and plug in at night at about 65-70% battery power.

I don't know what they broke, but it is broken, and after being an uber fanboy of android and the Galaxy line (we have 3 S3's one S2 and 2 Epics at my house), I will not reccommend this phone to anyone.

4 people at work just went and got this based on mine, before this terrible update. One girl sold her ATT iPhone after hearing me talk about Android for the last 2 years, and got the S3 on ATT.

This is crap.

go back to the earlier version then.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just did the latest system update this morning. Now when charging the phone, the LED stays red and never turns green, no matter how long I'm at 100%. Anyone else seeing this?

I like the new brightness bar in the settings menu, but I wonder what else got broken with the update.

nope, mine turns green once fully charged with the new update...

DEAD SE-RIOUS

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems normal, and my led notification is fine as well. The light goes firm red to green when chsrgingb is ccomplete.

Sent from my SPH-L710

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
ok, 8 hours in, I am down to 68%. 41% of my battery was cell standby. This is higher than before the update. The update changed soemthing.

I also lost Data a few times today.

Like I said, I would be at 68% after 12 hours!

I dunno guys.

LurkerX

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
After several charging sessions and a battery pull, the green light is back. Hopefully anyone with battery or other issues will have the phone sort itself out as well.

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is the same as the OP describes. I don't know what to do. Its been like this for the past week. 7 hours of mild usage completely drains my battery.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

This is crap.

Have you tried updating the PRL? I know sprint is updating their network so it's worth a try. I've heard facebook app is particularly inefficient without WiFi. But it's hard for any of this to explain a change only after update. It would be a shame to uninstall and lose all the other improvements. Try sprint and Samsung online tech support and keep us posted.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Calm down everyone. Try these:

1. Turn off your phone and remove battery.
2. Get a beer.
3. Drink beer.
4. Replace battery and turn on phone.
5. Go through app mgmt. and kill all apps you don't want or need.
6. Relax and check phone for problems.

OR:

1. Turn off phone
1 1/2. Get beer
1 3/4. Drink beer
2. Restart phone by going into recovery and wiping all cache's
3. Wipe phone.
4. Try all functions of phone before adding apps.
5. Add apps 1 at a time and check phone for normal functions.
5 1/4. Drink another beer and relax.

Remember to back up everything you need before wiping...phone or butt...doesn't matter and to tell you that no animals (sheeple particularly) were not harmed in the making of this post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy