Keyboard bug in LG8 update

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
When trying to insert the letter 'i' into an email today I was unable to make it lowercase with predictive text turned on. Normally both upper and lower choices appear in predictive area, but not now. Only the 5 punctuatIon choIces appear. Shift key did nothing either. Only turning off predictive completely allowed lowercase. Anyone else notice this? Look 4 sentences up in this post to see two more examples. This is disappointing because the other keyboard updates are great. They better fix this one fast because it happens a lot. Let me know if anyone has a fix or isn't having the problem or If It affects other letters (there It goes agaIn). :mad:

IIIIIII. IIIIII. Edit: this only happens when placing cursor within existing text. The issue is that the predictive menu no longer appears @ all when inserting so keyboard defaults to capital i. I'll insert before the word 'Edit' now to demonstrate.

Last edited:

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any mention of this issue elsewhere so must be something going on with with my system. Found a simple work around for now. I'm seeing new options under Predictive Text menu. Anyone know what Auto Append and Recapture do?