foxfi for the GS3

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't working on my Optimus S , and I haven't tried bluetooth mode since my desktop doesn't have a dongle.

Sent from my LG-LS670

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
wait yes foxfi works i have the g3 and my girl , we both have tablets and we are able to provide internet to both,,,,,,but you have to use Bluetooth dun!,,,,bla bla search for devise and it works

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi works perfectly fine on wifi on my S3.
I juat grabbed my wifes S3 and connected to my wifi hotspot without a problem. I put it on my S3 the day after I got it and has worked fine since.
Havent tried bluetooth connection at all.

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi works perfectly fine on wifi on my S3.
I juat grabbed my wifes S3 and connected to my wifi hotspot without a problem. I put it on my S3 the day after I got it and has worked fine since.
Havent tried bluetooth connection at all.

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

wait, so you took your wifes s3 and connected it to your wifi hot spot? The app is suppose to make your wifes s3 THE hotspot, not allow it to connect to one.

I have not gotten wifi to work on this app to make my s3 a hotspot. the bluetooth option works tho.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Foxfi wifi tether does not work on the sprint galaxy s3. I emailed the developers several weeks ago--that's what they said.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Foxfi wifi tether does not work on the sprint galaxy s3. I emailed the developers several weeks ago--that's what they said.

My Foxfi works perfectly fine on my S3...do you not get that, and there are others out there isn a couple other threads that it works on as well.

Foxfi works on my phone, I can connect my wifes phone and my tablet off of my phone...
My wifes phone has foxfi and she connects her tablet to it all the time...and my friend Jess has foxfi that I installed on her phone and it works perfect as well.

So that is 3 Sprint S3's that it is working on!!!

wait, so you took your wifes s3 and connected it to your wifi hot spot? The app is suppose to make your wifes s3 THE hotspot, not allow it to connect to one.

I have not gotten wifi to work on this app to make my s3 a hotspot. the bluetooth option works tho.

I turned on Foxfi hotspot on my phone, put her phone in airplane mode with wifi turned on and connected her phone to my hotspot to see if it was still working and it is. I also connected my tablet to mine as well. I have never tried the bluetooth.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My Foxfi works perfectly fine on my S3...do you not get that, and there are others out there isn a couple other threads that it works on as well.

Foxfi works on my phone, I can connect my wifes phone and my tablet off of my phone...
My wifes phone has foxfi and she connects her tablet to it all the time...and my friend Jess has foxfi that I installed on her phone and it works perfect as well.

So that is 3 Sprint S3's that it is working on.

Hmmm. That's strange. What version do you have of Fox Fi?

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that Foxfi v 1.40 works with the GS3. is that the version you're using? because even on the developers website it states the new version (1.93) doesn't work with the GS3.

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't have it . I read in a review that it worked for someone. That is why I brought it up, to see if the review was correct or corroborated.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't find it in the settings to allow third party apps!! Where is it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10