Wi-Fi

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Router is in my parents room. I sit in my room on the same floor, literally a 15 ft walk (10 seconds) and yet my GS3 only gets 3 out of 4 bars for Wi-Fi. Is that normal? Is there any setting for Wi-Fi that I should have turned on/off? Cause my EVO 3D got full strength all the way outside in my driveway...

Also I have Sprint Router at my house which makes you have full bars all the time. My GS3 does not connect to it as I am roaming right now with only 2-3 bars; I shouldn't need to roam at all and I should have full bars. Everyone else in my house has full bars with no roaming. Anyone have any answers for me?? I'm starting to miss my EVO 3D!!!

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my S3 and I really like Samsung, that being said, it is a Samsung not a Motorola or HTC. Be glad it works at all. Samsung radios are odd compared to others in my opinion. I think part of it is just a visual thing. I have no bars on my WiFi when I step outside my house but it works fine, if I go the end of my driveway I get the same exact results, no bars but it works fine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With my EVO 3D I had full bars (for Wi-Fi) outside in the driveway.... now I have 3 when I'm 15 ft away... ridiculous!!

It's not really ridiculous... It's all about how the phone is programmed to report bars. Some phones are more lenient then others... My router has been in the same room for years and back on iphone I had full bars anywhere and with my s2 it seemed to drop rapid fast. Regardless of what it showed all phones performed fine (Skype, browsing, emailing, etc.) :)

The fact is anywhere in your house you will be just fine. I can go across the house and outside and be at 1-2 bars on my s3 can still do anything the same as if I were in the same room as the router. I've done this on all my phones since I use Skype to talk to some people when they are at their pc instead of on their cell. :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
yes, what he said. I have 2 to 4 wifi bars in the adjacent room from the router however yesterday I walked outside towards my car and my WiFi did not cut out until at least 50 feet from my home. So really if they just recalibrated there bars no 1 would be talking about this. Duh samsung!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My room is right above the room with the router In it. I get 3 of 4 bars. My speed is fine though. As long as it's fast I don't care what the hell the bars say.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney