Sprint Network Issues

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues in the Killeen/ Austin, TX area with network. I keep having issues today with dropped calls and text messages not going thru. I get Code 3: Network Problem errors. Anyone else? Thanks in advance. Also my TWS/ Cell Standby percentages have increased drastically. Now my TWS is at
55% and my cell standby is at 16% so my battery is draining fast.

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues in the Killeen/ Austin, TX area with network. I keep having issues today with dropped calls and text messages not going thru. I get Code 3: Network Problem errors. Anyone else? Thanks in advance. Also my TWS/ Cell Standby percentages have increased drastically. Now my TWS is at

no need to worry folks, that's just Sprint ripping apart 1 of theIr towers and then realizing they forgot the new parts back in kentucky. that's all part of the magic that is the now network. I swear sometimes it's like being in a bad relationship but I just can't let go. Haha.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another thread about signal issues. I'm in south central PA and have barely had 3G at all on both NXS4G or MiFi, most of the day it's been roaming. It's never been this bad before, I'll be calling Sprint in the morning if it's not back up by then.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
no need to worry folks, that's just Sprint ripping apart 1 of theIr towers and then realizing they forgot the new parts back in kentucky. that's all part of the magic that is the now network. I swear sometimes it's like being in a bad relationship but I just can't let go. Haha.

LOL!! true

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It could possibly be the network vision updates. They could have to take a tower down and this causing issues.

I am in Jacksonville FL and I'd say about a month ago for about 3hours everyone at my work couldn't call or text but data was fine. Then it came back and we were good. We are hoping it's them improving stuff at least :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

norstarguru

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I heard sprint is fixing their own towers again and not using a contractor... Maybe they should go back because we have had horrible network vision for 3 months... Sprint has to get someone with a brain to get this fixed....S.E. Wisconsin- they keep telling me and my friends that it is gonna get fixed by a certain date every month but it never happens- the weird thing is I get no service outdoors.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint Mobility tech regarding the data issue I've had since yesterday. He told me there was an outage in my area (South Central PA) of about 100 towers. Of course, he did not know what the issue was or why but suspected that there was an upgrade (I could only hope) in progress. I do have voice, but I am roaming on data and incidentally when I used *2 to contact Sprint, I was connected to Verizon instead, so obviously I am roaming on the VZ network. I also told him I have been roaming since yesterday about 1 PM and that I did not want to be penalized for roaming when I have no other choice. All my devices are roaming including Galaxy Tab, MiFi and NXS4G. He noted the account and assured me I would not be charged for roaming, we'll see.

Anyone else with this problem in my area?! :mad:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm in killeen. Yes they are in the process of updating towers. This may be a short condition or may take a little while. I feel your pain but it should improve once they're done.

Reactions: MBM7881

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm in killeen. Yes they are in the process of updating towers. This may be a short condition or may take a little while. I feel your pain but it should improve once they're done.

I also think what was killing my signal was the new battery cover I got and put on my phone yesterday that's mostly metal. I removed it and so far so good although it could be unrelated. Also when I spoke to sprint they told me there was no outages or maintenance in my area. I swear there's always a different story depending on who you speak to SMH. And u must be a soldier if ur in Killeen :)

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I also think what was killing my signal was the new battery cover I got and put on my phone yesterday that's mostly metal. I removed it and so far so good although it could be unrelated. Also when I spoke to sprint they told me there was no outages or maintenance in my area. I swear there's always a different story depending on who you speak to SMH. And u must be a soldier if ur in Killeen :)

Lol... Nope... Aircraft mechanic at the Temple Airport. I used to work at the killeen airport, that's why I live in Killeen.

cdemot02

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine is good here in round rock. I'll be in Killeen tomorrow and hopefully fixed. I had same issue here while they were upgrading towers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Chicago, near the Lincoln Park area (west Lakeview), and I have not had 4G service on my aircard in 11 days. I can't even get my device to initialize for Wimax 4G (and this is the one they just replaced). My phone's 3G connection has been in-and-out and is slower than whale snot. So is the aircard connection. Downloading is almost non-existent because almost everything times out. I've spoken with Sprint 4 times, and always get the same answer: "We're working on the problem" and "Towers in your area are down" and "We're upgrading our system." Meanwhile, I have almost no usable data service. It's been 11 DAYS!!! I finally got the Network Vision upgrade this morning, but what good is it? This has gone far past sucking the big one. I'm truly screwed...dry.

But I can make calls just fine. And isn't that really what a phone is for. Yeah, right.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: Did the phone reset via instructions Sprint rep gave me. About 12 noon got data back on all devices including MiFi, 3G nice @ -95dBm, which is good for me. Signal still holding almost 11 hours later so hopefully we're good.

And, the 1st Sprint tech called back about 20 minutes later to check on the reset, decent guy.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Chicago, near the Lincoln Park area (west Lakeview), and I have not had 4G service on my aircard in 11 days. I can't even get my device to initialize for Wimax 4G (and this is the one they just replaced). My phone's 3G connection has been in-and-out and is slower than whale snot. So is the aircard connection. Downloading is almost non-existent because almost everything times out. I've spoken with Sprint 4 times, and always get the same answer: "We're working on the problem" and "Towers in your area are down" and "We're upgrading our system." Meanwhile, I have almost no usable data service. It's been 11 DAYS!!! I finally got the Network Vision upgrade this morning, but what good is it? This has gone far past sucking the big one. I'm truly screwed...dry.

But I can make calls just fine. And isn't that really what a phone is for. Yeah, right.

Ahh.... the samsung gs3 doesn't have wimax 4g. It is 4g LTE only but since you are talking about the network vision upgrade (which is all about lte and better 3g), I am guessing that you know this and just slipped up.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
We've been having some issues here in salt lake city as well. Bothe my gs3 and my wife's gs2. Figured it has something to do with the network vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ahh.... the samsung gs3 doesn't have wimax 4g. It is 4g LTE only but since you are talking about the network vision upgrade (which is all about lte and better 3g), I am guessing that you know this and just slipped up.

Oh, yes. I know that. I was just venting about how lousy things have gotten with Sprint in Chicago. Up until the last 12 days now, the 3G service on my phone was serviceable and I could tolerate it. I even had good Wimax service on my air card. But it is worse than horrible now. My air card won't even initialize on the Wimax network now (and it's a brand new replacement). All I get from Sprint is a tower in my area is down. I understand that happens occasionally...but for a week and a half?! That's just unacceptable.

I was in the southeast suburbs of Chicago yesterday and my phone connected to the LTE service they already have. Very nice. Speedy. Made me happy to know it works great. Then, I returned home to the pitiful 3G service we have in the city.... What good is unlimited data, if you can't get it?! And they're charging me for this!!!