Charging at 100%

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Are there any problems with keeping the phone plugged into the charger after it reaches 100%? Would the answer be different if plugged into the USB port on the computer? Also, MY LED indicator stays red after reaching 100%. Does this indicate that the phone is still trying to charge? Thanks.

Last edited:

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Are there any problems with keeping the phone plugged into the charger after it reaches 100%? Would the answer be different if plugged into the USB port on the computer? Also, MY LED indicator stays red after reaching 100%. Does this indicate that the phone is still trying to charge? Thanks.

My phone says "Charging 100%" then after 10 min or so it will so "Charged" with the green LED light indicating it is FULLY charged!

Reactions: mobdad

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information. It did indeed turn green in about 10 minutes after it indicated 100%. Any answers on whether I am harming the battery in any way keeping it charging after 100%?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I plug mine in every night and leave it there until morning. I have always done this, hasn't seemed to do damage to any phone I have ever owned.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Just watch the weather report......or always plug to a decent surge protector in the event of voltage drama.

MicroUSB cable may not allow huge surges, in case of power outages / surges while we sleep..........? lol

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The battery isn't actually "fully charged" until the notification appears that says it's fully charged and to unplug the charger. I leave it on the charger until I'm leaving the house and haven't had any battery issues. These batteries are "smart" batteries and will not overcharge.