let's talk about S-voice

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
it seems to work pretty good for me too. I've only used it a couple times. I had it send a text and it did that well. I asked it how many inches in a mile , just to test it out, and it got that too.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I got it to tell me a joke once.

That was about the extent of its usefulness for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
They need to hurry up with Jelly Bean, because I've had mine since it launched and it understood and correctly did what I asked a grand total of 5 times in the rather large number of times I've tried it. Meanwhile, Google Now on my Nexus 7 has been wrong twice. I'm very unimpressed with it ...

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I would use it, until a month after I had the Sammy, I decided to try it out.
It can be useful. Ill say "Framingham weather", and boom, there it is.
"What's my schedule" will pull up my next 6 appointments.
I tell her I love her, she says "That's a nice thing to say", but she hasn't told me she loves me back yet.
I ask her "What's the best smartphone", and she agrees that it's a Samsung.
I have the S-Voice pinned to the launcher.
Occassionally, I'll ask it a random question, and she will give me the answer, but usually, she just sends me to google.

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

TLO201

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you ask "Who let the dogs out?" It says "Wasn't me."

Sent from my Galaxy S3

haha i had to try this, and it said exactly what you did, made me laugh a little.. but as far as S-Voice it works like a charm for me. Granted its not supposed to run your phone, just help you out a littke =]

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
These voice apps are quickly becoming the next "cool to hate" thing. I do use S-Voice for a few things though, but not going to argue that it's super-useful. Sometimes it's just more convenient or faster than an alterenative.

Anyways, I use it for voice dialing, which works great. Same with hands free texting in the car. Yeah, you could use Vlingo or something else, but S-Voice works good enough.

I've also used it to find weather and forecasts in cities I'm traveling to (a lot faster than pulling up Weatherbug and typing in a name). Also used it to navigate to places (again, quicker than pulling up the navigation program and then the "speak" button). Same with finding restaurants and stuff....I just find it faster.

Used it the other day to help my kid out with an assignment where he had to find the current time in various cities around the globe. Worked flawlessly.

Also use it to set alarms....again, just faster to say "wake me up tomorrow at 6:30" then to open up the clock/alarm app. Same with a couple times I've just wanted a short nap so I can say "wake me in an hour" which works well.

Those are a few things I've used it for. It's not like I can't do anything it does with other apps, but some things are just faster using S-Voice (or another voice assistant).

Also, I've used it for some recipes while cooking (like "how many tablespoons in cup?")

I do shy away from using it in public though. Feel like an idiot talking to my phone.

Personally looking forward to Google Now though, which will be a lot better, I hope.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon