Facebook hangs after LG8 update, have to kill app.

jg16

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Updated yesterday, Facebook doesn't work anymore. It hangs immediately upon launching (both the app and the mobile site) and I have to go to task manager to kill it and find that is using 300+ mb of ram after being open for less than a minute.

Anyone else?

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't use FB, but you could try going through Application Manager and finding the app listed, make sure to force close it first, and clearing both "data", and "cache" on the app. If you have the official FB app that you downloaded from the market, go through the application manager list under "all", and find the FB app that comes with the S3, and disable that. You'll see it because it's the same FB icon, named SNS, force close that, clear data/cache if they have any values, then click the disable button.. Try that and see if it helps you..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
facebook app has always been a.battery and resource hog. So i have uninstalled all the Facebook apps from my phone. When i need Facebook, I go there using the browser.

jg16

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I get an identical issue when viewing Facebook via the browser, though. Something odd is going on with the actual handshake between my device and Facebooks servers.

TheRyland

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
FB freezes using the browser on my GS3!!! And my browser only freezes on the FB site!!! The app was so bad on my GS2 that I wont even bother to download it smh...

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem most of the time. I just uninstalled the Facebook and re-installed it from the Play Store. We'll see how it works now. Unfortunately, we Chicagoans are still stuck with the painfully slow Sprint 3G network, so it'll be difficult to gauge how Facebook actually works. I'll pass along what I discover.

FOLLOWUP: Since deleting and re-installing from the Play Store, FB seems to load a little faster, but it's still slow on 3G. I'll have to see what it's like when we finally get Network Vision...whenever that is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech