Auto Answer on my S3.....Please help?

horsedoc1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Open s voice .. home button .. settings .. call app options and uncheck the voice command to answer and reject calls

Jose Dominguez, you are my hero! I went through a lot of futile efforts (including a ridiculous waste of time live-chatting with Samsung) to make this problem go away...so thankful to see your post here with a simple easy solution.

susiecrabcakes

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone auto answers too, while I am across the room! I have been embarrassed twice, not knowing this! I followed steps from pippia on another page, but I did not have Auto-answer enabled, so I am still wondering how to ensure this does not happen again. I also thought what a great feature for paraplegics, or times I have my hands in dishwater... but then the question is, how do you activate it when you WANT it?

susiecrabcakes

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have S voice enabled, but apparently a glitch caused it to activate. Something I said, while fussing at my hubby for messing up the kitchen triggered it to answer. The phone must have "heard" "Answer the phone" from when I said "Why can't you clean up these crumbs? Why do you leave this huge mess?" LOL

Chris Burdick

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
just tried this one and it worked. yeah, open the S voice app, go to => 'settings' then => 'control apps' then uncheck 'incoming calls'. This is a stupid feature that answers the call while I'm in a meeting, talking to somebody, anything where it hears a voice. Fortunately, it's easy to turn off if you know where to look.

Brigette LaPointe

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Omg! This happens to me all the time on my galaxy 3s and its drivng me nuts. Its quite a dangerous situation and highly irritating. I can't find how to turn this off also. My phone always answers itself. Its weird to have peoole listen in on your conversations. I looked everywhere on this phone, and finally resorted to this forum. If you have found a solution, please respond with an answer. Otherwise I will have to go to the cell phone store to have them fix it.
:-\

Ersan Seer

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Changing certain settings will, unfortunately, not fix the problem.

This is a full-fledged bug.

However, good news is, I know what causes the bug, and thus how you can prevent it from happening in the future. I suspect that most of you are experiencing the same bug.

The bug happens when I use speakerphone on a phone call and hang up with speakerphone enabled. The next time someone calls me, it auto-answers.

My solution has been to not use speakerphone. :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Omg! This happens to me all the time on my galaxy 3s and its drivng me nuts. Its quite a dangerous situation and highly irritating. I can't find how to turn this off also. My phone always answers itself. Its weird to have peoole listen in on your conversations. I looked everywhere on this phone, and finally resorted to this forum. If you have found a solution, please respond with an answer. Otherwise I will have to go to the cell phone store to have them fix it.

Did you try what's described in post #26, two above yours?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if that works. If not I will try a dig up something as well.

I was able to find a setting that allowed the phone it auto answer if there is a headset plugged in. I don't know if that includes a bluetooth headset...

Open your phone dialer tap the menu button then call settings / accessory settings / automatic answering

Yes, it does apply to BT devices.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried the solutions offered in the thread?

Maria Mangrobang

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe this was it! it's in the S-Voice Settings Menu, not the main settings, not the call settings. So freakin annoying it happened again today and I was determined to figure it out! So embarrassing!

Thank you! If this isn't it, I will definitely post again, but I did everything the former posts said and nothing helped. Thank you again. Maria :) :D

jeebs98

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have 'Call Settings > Accessory settings for calls > Automatic answering' turned on, and you have a cordless phone (like the Panasonic KXTG7643M) that links with your cell phone to allow you to make and receive calls through your cell phone, your cell phone will automatically answer calls whenever it's connected to your cordless phone system, because it does so via bluetooth. Even though the setting at 'Call Settings > Accessory settings for calls > Automatic answering' says 'Automatic answering only operates with a connected headset', it unfortunately does not know the difference between a headset and any other bluetooth device.

Becca Love1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
you have to change your settings in s- voice! this was driving me crazy! they're I'd an option under voice commands in your e-book settings to auto answer your calls. uncheck that and you are good to go!:D

Bob Zeis

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
OMG Dude! I have been trying to figure this out for days!!! My Galaxy S4 must come with that as a setting already. I was having fits trying to figure out why my phone would answer automatically if I was using a Bluetooth.

Thank you for that information. I am glad I kept searching the web.

Bob Zeis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci