cracked screen

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
okay this is the first time ever I cracked the screen on a cellphone. I thought this was gorilla glass 2.thank god I have the insurance through best buy. No copay no being blamed just the replacement

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
And the "2" moniker after gorilla glass means it's improved, not invincible!

I've never broken a screen. But I did have my Palm Pre fall out of my pocket as I was getting out of my truck and kicked that sucker 200 feet across a slick black top parking lot. It held up....kinda....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not unbreakable. LOL My daughter has broken more than 3 gorilla glass screens.

This. It makes it more scratch resistant. If you take the phone and drop it on its face it will shatter. Try it with any smartphone and you'll get the same results.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla glass 2 is just as strong of the first one. Just thinner.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it did not land face down. It fell from about 4" to a hard floor landing in its side. I am really surprised it cracked. Just one hairline fracture from about a half inch top left to just short of the center on the right. But the phone works fine. Both sides of the crack looks good (no pun intended). With the screen on, I can not even see it. The touch works the same too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

dawnbks

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine 13 days and same. Was playing on internet, and thought there was a hair on the upper right side on white, when to brush off, and wouldnt come off. Looked a little harder and there was a hairline fracture looks like a C. Called Samsung, have to give CC # and will look at it, and will take 2 weeks. Then, sprint, no resolution. Bought a Best Buy. Only option, go buy the insurance because is less than 30 days make a claim, get a new one, then drop insurance. Totally disappointed. Owned my EVO for 4 years with no issue!!

derrickmd18#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife cracked 7 yeah 7 screens with best buy protection. So don't feel bad. I'm still on my first phone.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
before I kicked my evoLTE to the curb with best buys protection plan, i must say that evo took a beatin' and kept on tweetin'
This GSIII ... im just not to sure! lol. which is why i broke down and bought a case for it.
the hammer tests on youtube were very ...umm.. unflattering.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
And the "2" moniker after gorilla glass means it's improved, not invincible!

I've never broken a screen. But I did have my Palm Pre fall out of my pocket as I was getting out of my truck and kicked that sucker 200 feet across a slick black top parking lot. It held up....kinda....
200 feet? Are you also a professional soccer player or perhaps a kicker in the NFL.. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae