Jellybean for US Galaxy S3 tomorrow?

ce2dope

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Reading reports that not only are the international Galaxy S3 getting Jellybean tomorrow, but us as well. Anyone confirm or deny?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Reading reports that not only are the international Galaxy S3 getting Jellybean tomorrow, but us as well. Anyone confirm or deny?

I sure the hell hope so. I doubt it though man. But if the US carriers get this the same day as international then we're super lucky

TheRyland

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ICS on my GS2 has many misfires, a lot in fact. It has a decent amount on my S3 as well. The 1 Text and 1 email doesn't go away until I cut the phone off!!!! My emails do gay stuff too!!! WTH!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see it happen but unless someone put the US carriers and their own internal testing in a stranglehold I can't see it happening...

Then again I've seen a few pigs fly in my time so I could be wrong :p

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Sure as hell would be an eye opening event and put android on the right path regarding updates. I won't bet my life on it though. The one advantage the S3 has over past itinerations is its the same phone on all carriers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Can you post the link where you read this?
I sure hope this is true. But nor holding my breath.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Which reports? Personally, I highly doubt it. They may put JB update as we get near October or November to boost sales of S3 during the holidays.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
after rushing to upgrade my maxx to ICS and having a whole ton of issues i think i will just not update my s3 . its working as close to perfect as any phone ive ever had and i dont want to mess it up . the last three times ive UPDATED to the newest software its caused more problems than it fixed . i believe i will just buy the s4 next year with jellybean already installed.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Does any actually have any ideas what features Samsung will add besides what Google has added to jb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I can wait another month.. I'm still enjoying the S3 for what it is.. JB will just be icing on the cake.

Same here! It's nice not feeling like I *need* an update for once. I have a Nexus 7 tablet though, so at least I've had the chance to experience Jelly Bean.

after rushing to upgrade my maxx to ICS and having a whole ton of issues i think i will just not update my s3 . its working as close to perfect as any phone ive ever had and i dont want to mess it up . the last three times ive UPDATED to the newest software its caused more problems than it fixed . i believe i will just buy the s4 next year with jellybean already installed.

Even if for no other reason, this is one reason why I always root my phones and manage my own updates. I feel like a lot of times the biggest issue with releasing updates is OEMs and/or carriers are forced to apply updates on top of existing software without wiping any apps, settings or data ... and this introduces a LOT of unknown variables when it comes to testing and deploying software.

Yeah, it can be a royal PITA to backup and restore your apps & data sometimes, but I definitely prefer getting a "clean" install whenever I upgrade my phone. Sometimes it kills me how the general public will demand an updated release, but also demand that they assume no responsibility for installing it -- they just want it to magically work. Guess what? It doesn't.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i always do a full factory reset whenever i update software but even that didnt fix the issues with my MAXX. i love android dont get me wrong but i really feel that every update ive ever got was about 2 months to early .

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope that JB is of the gourmet kind. The regular ones, because of my freakin' secretary, just don't cut it anymore....so plain. Like M&M's...but not really. Cake???? Who said cake?.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol