08-02-2015 11:18 PM
34 12
tools
    Title says it all. I dislike the water drop sound when hitting buttons so I turn it off but every day or every other at least it turns itself back on and is getting quite annoying.

Suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-29-2012 01:28 PM
    Title says it all. I dislike the water drop sound when hitting buttons so I turn it off but every day or every other at least it turns itself back on and is getting quite annoying.

Suggestions?

Do you have the camera shutter sounds silenced? If you do, that is a glitch with the mod. If you have a silent shutter, the touch sounds will turn on when you cycle the camera from still to video. Sometimes just taking pictures will cause the touch sounds to turn on.

The only for sure fix, is to turn on the shutter sounds.

If you are rooted, there is only one rom I know of that fixes it. That would be the Wicked Sensations rom.
    08-29-2012 02:01 PM
    No i don't have shutter sound off and I'm also not rooted but I think you're right with the switch between video and camera.

08-29-2012 02:21 PM
    Turning off the shutter sound doesn't actually work for me. And as you know, I have the wicked installed. Not a huge deal. But this thread caught my eye, as the same thing was happening to me, with the water drop sounds. Good to know I wasn't losing my mind, and it is in fact, the switch from camera to video that activates it.
    08-29-2012 03:12 PM
    OK since i got a response about to camera interaction I've been playing with the video to still and back, recording a video then switching to camera and taking a pic then switch and taking video. It hasn't triggered. Still no touch sounds. Sounds like the camera/video isn't the culprit, haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

08-29-2012 03:29 PM
    I just noticed now that the check box for touch sounds is checked but I'm not getting the sound. Wtf this phone is weird

08-29-2012 03:33 PM
    I just noticed now that the check box for touch sounds is checked but I'm not getting the sound. Wtf this phone is weird

This is correct. Switching from camera to video will immediatly turn the switch for touch sound. But for some reason it usually doesn't immediately start making sounds. That is why it took me so long to figure it out.
    08-29-2012 03:45 PM
    Have you notified Samsung and/or Sprint? I'm headed to their support web pages now.

HoldFastHope likes this.
    08-29-2012 04:00 PM
    This happens to me everytime I reboot the phone.
    08-31-2012 06:31 AM
    Shutter sound on/off? I didn't/don't see a option for that.
    Do you have the camera shutter sounds silenced? If you do, that is a glitch with the mod. If you have a silent shutter, the touch sounds will turn on when you cycle the camera from still to video. Sometimes just taking pictures will cause the touch sounds to turn on.

The only for sure fix, is to turn on the shutter sounds.

If you are rooted, there is only one rom I know of that fixes it. That would be the Wicked Sensations rom.
    kahoon likes this.
    08-31-2012 07:19 AM
    Shutter sound on/off? I didn't/don't see a option for that.
    You must be rooted to do this....
    08-31-2012 05:09 PM
    This happens to me too. I have it set to off but it turns back on if I reboot my phone. I'm not rooted, btw, and I don't have the option to turn off my shutter sound. It's not a big deal, I always just turn it off when I reboot. It would be great if I could turn if off permanently though.
    Hatren likes this.
    08-31-2012 05:51 PM
    This happens to me too. I have it set to off but it turns back on if I reboot my phone. I'm not rooted, btw, and I don't have the option to turn off my shutter sound. It's not a big deal, I always just turn it off when I reboot. It would be great if I could turn if off permanently though.
    Ask around ...often an app will be created as a workaround for all the little glitches in new phones... check the market too..

Sent wirelessly VIA Tapatalk.
    08-31-2012 09:46 PM
    If you have a rooted phone, a quick and dirty work-around use to rename the two sound files - [Q] Galaxy s3 changing "touch sounds" - xda-developers
    You'll need to reboot the phone for it to take effect.
    09-03-2012 08:22 AM
    After I shut it off 3 times finally started working.

09-03-2012 08:49 AM
    I've been perplexed by this, too.
    09-03-2012 08:44 PM
    Ask around ...often an app will be created as a workaround for all the little glitches in new phones... check the market too..
    A $700 phone that's been on the market for at least 2 months, shouldn't have "little glitches" like this.
    Hatren likes this.
    09-04-2012 09:47 AM
    A $700 phone that's been on the market for at least 2 months, shouldn't have "little glitches" like this.
    No one paid $700 for the Sprint GS3
    09-04-2012 11:37 AM
    $699.99 MSRP at Best Buy
    $549.99 MSRP at Sprint.

Either way, a top of the line smartphone shouldn't have these types of issues.
    09-04-2012 12:30 PM
    Wow... It would be pretty stupid to pay full price at best buy...

That said, I've never seen a smart phone (no matter the price) not have any minor issues.
    Hatren likes this.
    09-04-2012 01:51 PM
    I was just thinking $600 or $700 is a touch sound really a deal breaker? Nothing is perfect and for all the positives this phone carries I'll deal either touch sounds!!
    09-04-2012 09:03 PM
    My touch sounds never came back on. At least not until I rooted and turn shutter sounds off. Shutter sounds are not a big deal. So I turned them back on and my touch sounds haven't come back.

So I don't think this is every phone and more likely a few isolated cases. Probably a software glitch only effecting certain setups or phones with certain apps. I would like see how many have the issue compared to how many don't.

I would like to exclude the rooted phones.
    09-04-2012 09:29 PM
    You can have a $1000 phone that has gone thru dozens if not hundreds of beta tests and internal testing and it will still have undiscovered bugs or bugs that the OEM or carrier decided to release with. Usually comes down to getting a product out on the market to meet deadlines and make money and in the end some bugs are allowed to slide by to meet these demands. Other times it comes down to carrier or OEM deciding it isn't worth the money or man hours tied up into tracking down and fixing certain bugs and that is where the ROM & kernel devs come along and do what they do best... Fix the garbage left behind

I agree I would never spend full retail price for any phone. Even to have the latest and greatest I will still hold off at initial release for a few weeks and then the deals begin at various retailers to get them much cheaper.
    09-04-2012 09:49 PM
    I am not rooted and my touch sounds turn themselves back on at least once per day or every other day. I would assume that me and the OP do not have the exact same configuration.
    09-05-2012 10:17 AM
    Mine come back on by them self as well.
    Not rooted...stock phone

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    09-05-2012 09:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD