Turn display off once its finished charging

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I think that one of the updates after I got the phone changed the way the display worked once the phone was fully charged or maybe it was some setting that I changed? Is there anyway to keep the display from turning on once the phone is fully charged? At night I put the phone on the charger and once charged the display comes on and stays on. Stock Galaxy S3.
Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm try rebooting but I could of swore in older versions there was a option to keep the screen on when charging but can't find it.

I'll keep looking but if anyone else has an idea please toss it out :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hm try rebooting but I could of swore in older versions there was a option to keep the screen on when charging but can't find it.

I'll keep looking but if anyone else has an idea please toss it out :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I don't think this is the issue. He is not trying to keep his display on during charging. His display is turning on when charging stops. I have never had this issue. My GS3 stays off and my LED changes color indicating that the battery has charged 100%. Sorry I don't have a fix for you. Give it another try, it may have just been a quirk.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Right, I don't want the display to stay on. What happens is that when its reaches100% charge the display comes on and stays on. Also I have noticed that when I plug it into the charger the display stays on until I turn it off. I was thinking it was one of the recent updates but now I wonder if it could be Nova Launcher Prime that is causing it?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Right, I don't want the display to stay on. What happens is that when its reaches100% charge the display comes on and stays on. Also I have noticed that when I plug it into the charger the display stays on until I turn it off. I was thinking it was one of the recent updates but now I wonder if it could be Nova Launcher Prime that is causing it?

I have nova launcher prime and don't have the issue... Been using it since it was out and have never had that issue.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also use Nova Launcher Prime and I've never had this happen. My screen stays off even when my phone is fully charged. The green indicator comes on to indicate its fully charged, but that's it. You might try checking your display settings. Reset your screen timeout and see if that works. After resetting, restart your phone. If this doesn't work, do a battery pull and see if that helps. If none of this works, take it back to your Sprint store and see if they have a fix. Otherwise, that's all I can suggest.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint store couldn't fix cool aid if thier life depended on it. I've had so many bad and undesirable adventures at sprint stores that I purposley pass them up for everything.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I've just been lucky, but my local Sprint store has done a pretty good job for me whenever I have a problem. They just fixed a problem with my air card that I've been suffering through for the past two months. Many over-the-phone queries couldn't solve it. One visit to my local store...problem solved. Should have been my first option.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sure screen awake inside developers tools isn't checked? edit...guess Samsung took that option out of Dev Options.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I had it set in the developer options in a previous version and one of the updates from Sprint removed it? Its not Nova launcher, I tried going back to the stock launcher and it still did it.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally figured it out! Did a factory reset hoping it would fix it, but no go. After factory resetting the phone and letting Google restore my apps and settings the display still stayed on. Thinking it might have been one of my installed apps or possible some setting that was being restored, I turned off the backup and did another factory reset. While reinstalling all my apps manually I came across Extended Controls which I was using for a flashlight widget. Reading the comments there confirmed that it was turning on the developer option to keep the display on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc