Well, cracked my screen. What are my options?

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this is an old post from September, but just fyi, the screen replacement isn't bad for diy. I did it here.

It looks like the replacement unit is still going for about $170 on ebay so if Samsung is willing to repair the unit for $180, that's a good deal. I can tell you that replacing the glass only IS possible, but the new glass HAS to come with the adhesive layer between the glass and the actual touchscreen interface. I don't know how you can differentiate which products have that adhesive, but it's very important. I replaced just the glass on the broken unit that I had left over and it looks awesome except that the adhesive layer isn't there, so there's an air gap between the glass and the touchscreen interface - and well, that's no good.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I broke two of them that way (see my post about) until I learned that I need a good case.

Why do it if you can't over do it?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what insurance you get. I have best buy. $9 per month And no copay.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

Opal Hicks

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Never say Never. You just jinxed yourself.. LOL I have carried cell phones for 12 years. I had the Iphone for two years, never dropped it once. I upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s3 in November. Exactly 30 days to the day I bought it,I dropped it getting out of my car. Accidents happen. I also had it fall of the elliptical at my gym last night when i raised my towell to dry my face off . The short earphones pulled the phone off the stand it was safely sitting on.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Which plan sprints or best buy if your looking for sprints every march they do open enrollment for there protection plan if you want best buys theres cover everything but lost or stolen device reply to this post and I would tell you how to get there plan well after 30 days and without having to purchase

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Nicolle Cairney

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
excuse me LMychajluk and evo girl you both are a pair of cheeky bas***ds if you called my kids a rugrat or brat id personally come and see to you the way your treating people is rediculas you shouldnt be aloud to post on this and for your information accidents happen out of noones fault i hope you both loss your phones and are unable to get another replacment because you have forgotten your insurance hahaha now get that up you go away and do all of us a favour pair of stuck up twats

Mejayne

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Had the phone on my lap with the QMadix snap-on case while sitting at a table at a BBQ last night. It slipped off and fell ~18" onto a concrete floor. Got a small spiderweb crack near the upper right corner, with a hairline crack running the width of the screen, just about where the notification bar is. It's serviceable as is, but it's going to annoy the heck out of me. I just checked, and it looks like I don't have the Protection Plan I thought I had. Can I get it replaced anywhere?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^ Welcome as a new member. :)

Do you have a similar problem to the one you have quoted? If so, describe yours and we'll try to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781