Will Sprint match Amazon's price for SIII?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Saw yesterday that Amazon has a new deal on the SIII for $99 for new acct, $50 more for an upgrade. Does anyone know if I go to a Sprint store today if they price match Amazon?

jmiles3010

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
99.9% Certain they will not. They do not have control to lower prices or match. But at the store you will get a instant buy back of your old phone. Ready now service and if you need to you can exchange your phone at a store. If the new one is defective.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
99.9% Certain they will not. They do not have control to lower prices or match. But at the store you will get a instant buy back of your old phone. Ready now service and if you need to you can exchange your phone at a store. If the new one is defective.

That's too bad as Sprint told me I have to pay a $110 early upgrade fee, so I was hoping to get the cost of the SIII down a little more, and Amazon's $149 is better than Sprint.com's current $199...

So I suppose there's no way out of this early upgrade fee? (this is for my wife's phone, with a current upgrade date of June of next year)

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope when I was looking to upgrade, I saw it for $150.00 at CompUsa and went to Sprint and they said no way will they match it. Went to BB and they price matched it no problem.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint does not and has never matched other places prices. They are the kings of mail in rebates. Most people do not fill out the rebate. Even ones that are worth 50 to 100 dollars or more. Somewhere around 35% of people actually do it. So it is just extra money in sprints pocket

What does the NFL and Brokeback Mountain have in common? The Cowboys suck...

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Saw yesterday that Amazon has a new deal on the SIII for $99 for new acct, $50 more for an upgrade. Does anyone know if I go to a Sprint store today if they price match Amazon?

I got Best Buy Mobile to match it. I didn't know it was only for new activations since I was upgrading my son's phone, and BBM didn't notice either. The only catch was they had to mail it to me, but I could live with that. I get the phone tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

roblee37

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is the best. They priced matched Amazon's 149.99 for upgrade. Then they gave me the 50.00 mobile freedom. They also took my what was left of my crappy original HTC Evo and gave me 48.00 for it. Then I had 20.00 premier reward voucher. So I ended up paying only 32.00 for a brand new Galaxy S3. Gotta love Best Buy.