Wow..Iphone5 want even do voice and data

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all..This is shameful and just another Apple trick to give less for more. I bet the Iphone 5s will have the capability and it will be revolutionary when it does. lol

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree. They said it's because they use 2 antennas for better reception on either data or voice calls. I call bull on this. They know the sheeple will buy the 5 then buy the 5s for that feature. Apple thinks humans are stupid.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
turns out it only does 3g and data on at&t. For Sprint & Verizon you must be on WiFi to talk at the same time

You might be right but I could swear I have done 3G and voice at the same time on Sprint. I'll test it again to make sure. I do know though, the new network vision, not LET, supports this and I'm in an area that's being upgraded as we speak....Orlando market.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You might be right but I could swear I have done 3G and voice at the same time on Sprint. I'll test it again to make sure. I do know though, the new network vision, not LET, supports this and I'm in an area that's being upgraded as we speak....Orlando market.

You can if you have a s3. The s3 made sure to allow voice and data. The new iphone only has a single chip in it. This means that a single GSM chip can handle voice and data at the same time, however, a CDMA chip can only do voice or data at one time.

So if memory serves me right I think that the s3 has 2 chips and one is dedicated to voice while the other data.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The reason the S3 can do voice and data over CDMA 3G is the Qualcomm S4 chip. All devices with this chip can pull this trick. Just one more advantage of the Krait SoC. Qualcomm really killed it with Krait.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kellymae3

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Apparently they are! I don't understand those people that buy Apple. I say that it's a simple phone for simple people! No thinking involved. No choices

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I personally think Apple could have done it with the iPhone on the S3 on CDMA, but made a deal with AT&T not to do it.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc