After I erase any messages........

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 started acting up last night out of nowhere. Whenever I get an email or a text message I get the notification next to the icon with a number telling me how many I have. The problem is when I delete them the number never changes or goes away.

I did check other folders for unread or unopened Messages that was a no go. Also sInce thIs started happenIng when I clIck the button to go to my home screen Is hesItates and blInks!!! Why me???

Stock phone wIth no root or ant mods at all....

Please help

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 started acting up last night out of nowhere. Whenever I get an email or a text message I get the notification next to the icon with a number telling me how many I have. The problem is when I delete them the number never changes or goes away.

I did check other folders for unread or unopened Messages that was a no go. Also sInce thIs started happenIng when I clIck the button to go to my home screen Is hesItates and blInks!!! Why me???

Stock phone wIth no root or ant mods at all....

Please help

You have an app on your phone that is telling you you have a certain number of unread messages. The stock phone and software doesn't do that unless you have an app? Are you running a different launcher like go or nova? I know that nova launcher has an add on app that shows how many unread messages you have. I got rid of the add-on because i was having the same issue.

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope. No special launcher nothing. Stock phone. I don't download anything really to customize my phone. I use what came on it. It's the notification that just has the little red circle next to the message or email icon with a number in the circle signifying how many messages I have.

It's very annoying. And frustrating!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope. No special launcher nothing. Stock phone. I don't download anything really to customize my phone. I use what came on it. It's the notification that just has the little red circle next to the message or email icon with a number in the circle signifying how many messages I have.

It's very annoying. And frustrating!!

Don't know what to tell you but it's an app that was installed that have you this feature. Perhaps you missed an app for a different purpose but it also has this added feature. The stock apps that came on your phone notify you of a new message but not how many.

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Again I have no special app on my phone. The only thing I have downloaded to my phone is Google earth, mango, paper toss, and Pandora. It gives me number of messages since the second I turned it on. Second after Google searching it sounds like this happens a lot and here is the fix...

androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/571948-home-page-text-messaging-number-1-wont-go-away.html

nikki60

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Try this
Go to Settings > Application Manager > All applications (on the top). Locate the "BadgeProvider" app, once in there select "clear data"

you need to restart the phone after that apparently.

only other solutions I can find are a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678