Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also down load and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

Any other method to send the LI3 rom upgrade zip? I don't need the modem file. It is only at 5% and been running for an hour. The file you sent yesterday which was about the same size (around 750Mb) only took a couple of minutes to download. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had this off before.. Was just curious if this is normal. It seems the sprint optimize connector is off but I can't select it.

Was just curious is this normal skunk? If it being greyed out means it's off that is good for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348433996613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348433996613.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this off before.. Was just curious if this is normal. It seems the sprint optimize connector is off but I can't select it.

Was just curious is this normal skunk? If it being greyed out means it's off that is good for me.

I think others have had to temporarily turn off data to be able to get the settings to work.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

What happened with me was after 3 hours of browsing the agreement popped up, I accepted it which turns the optimizer on and then you can turn it back off. You can't control it until you accept the agreement, and it just happens to pop up when it wants to.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This would explain the OTA update I got last night right before I went to sleep, lol! I thought for a hot second I was the first to be receiving JB update.....DAMNNN......lol!!

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to disable the sounds for text message types?!?!? I can't find it anywhere!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
at first the manual update was fine and now I have an issue. My phone won't send or receive text messages.

Might be the network. Sprint did that to me and co-workers for 3 hours the other day (before the update).

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Might be the network. Sprint did that to me and co-workers for 3 hours the other day (before the update).

What did they do to fix it because right now no one has a clue where to even begin? I am getting error code 97 and 34. I have reset the phone to factory and a number of other things. They have even removed the esn from my account.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't get an option to "update from SD card." I get an option to "update from external storage." If I choose that, I get a message in red: "Failed to mount blah blah."

I checked to make sure my SD card is mounted -- music files are all there, and they (and the zip file) show up in My Files.

Not sure what's going on.

I have the exact same problem. I've previously applied all three updates without a problem. I place the updates in my download folder in the internal "sdcard." For some reason, my phone is no longer seeing the files on the internal storage.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
(I should add that I am rooted, but using the stock ROM)

Here's what I did for folks having the SDCARD errors.

When in recovery mode, I noticed there was an option called "Apply update form cache." There were three folders under that option. I decided to use the folder: /cache/fota.

I copied the update using File Explorer (with root access enabled in the app) and rebooted into recovery. I went back into recovery mode, chose the Apply update from cache option, picked up the update and voila! Update installed without a hitch. Phone rebooted and optimized 186 applications. Phone loaded with the message “Finalzing Android update” then got the attached message.

Universal Search is removed again. I’m going to try that Google Search file that was posted on XDA and see if it works with this update.

Restored root via Voodoo OTA RootKeeper and am back in business.

2012-09-25 20.14.08.png2012-09-25 20.37.24.jpg2012-09-25 20.39.36.png2012-09-25 20.40.32.png2012-09-25 20.40.41.png2012-09-25 20.41.01.png

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Confirmed: Google Universal Search and is compatible with this update using this APK courtesy of XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762570

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
(I should add that I am rooted, but using the stock ROM)

Here's what I did for folks having the SDCARD errors.

When in recovery mode, I noticed there was an option called "Apply update form cache." There were three folders under that option. I decided to use the folder: /cache/fota.

I copied the update using File Explorer (with root access enabled in the app) and rebooted into recovery. I went back into recovery mode, chose the Apply update from cache option, picked up the update and voila! Update installed without a hitch. Phone rebooted and optimized 186 applications. Phone loaded with the message ?Finalzing Android update? then got the attached message.

Universal Search is removed again. I?m going to try that Google Search file that was posted on XDA and see if it works with this update.

Restored root via Voodoo OTA RootKeeper and am back in business.

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Confirmed: Google Universal Search and is compatible with this update using this APK courtesy of XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762570

The failed to mount is because your sdcard is using exfat file system. It needs to be fat32 to mount in recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995