Manually Update from LG8 to LI3 (UNROOTED STOCK PHONES) Sprint Only

palmpreboss

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
quick ? wen i did the update i lost my wifi tether and my phone says its still rooted but i dont get any features like i had wen i had the odex

I had the same issue when I first did the update, so I protected root with OTA Rootkeeper and the flashed the updated stock rom Skunkape60 posted in post #62. That has seemed to fix it for me.

palmpreboss

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i did the OTA rootkeeper but wen i go bacc to OTA rootkeeper it ask me do i want to delete su baccup or temp.un-root not giving me the option to reroot so should i reflash it? or will i bricc my phone if i do it over again

That's because you probably didn't loose root. If you are already rooted those are the options it gives you.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Right now my favorite is AnaKonda Rom.

You can find all the rooms for the Sprint GS3 [SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Libraryhere

Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Skunk, I went to AnaKonda after doing the update the first time, and kept getting the Update available notification. So I flashed the LI3 rom you linked on here to fix it. My question is if I go back to AnaKonda will continually notify me about the LI3 update again?

This should keep that update notification from bothering you again. Just flash the zip in recovery.

Attachments

• LI3-OTA-killer.zip
    608.8 KB · Views: 6

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear this is not the Jelly Bean update? I originally was thinking it was and went through the instructions (very clear and easy BTW) and all went well with update successful message but when I checked the Android version it is still 4.0.4.

No this is not the JellyBean update. Just a incremental update.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is the VPN Client added in the update?

My wife's and mine updated the other night and the VPN client is added on both our phones. Hers shows nothing in the logs, mine has traffic in the logs with warnings and ip address' in it. I am concerned as to what that traffic is, seens how I don't connect to any PC's!
Anyone know?

Here is a screenshot of it with a few numbers blurred out for security...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bdmridgeback/Junk/2012-09-29125328.png

Last edited:

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

i am on stock rom but rooted.

i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

i have my card formatted to fat32 also.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i also keep getting the failed install status 7, install aborted, trying to use the cwm

i am on stock rom but rooted.

i finally remembered i did the.bak to the camera. changed it back but still get error. i must have done something else because i do not have the sprint sound when starting or turning off. can this be the reason for the failed install?

i have my card formatted to fat32 also.

If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are stock rooted and have cwm this is the method you should be using:

This is the Stock rooted LI3 update but without the radio. So you will have to also download and flash the LI3 modem separately. Both links provided below for your flashing pleasure. You should be able to flash both of these by just wiping cache and dalvik.

[ROM]9/20/12 LI3 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 3

LI3 Modem / Radio

you are awesome.

i seen you posted the odex earlier to someone that was on a costom rom. i always thaought odex and deodex files was for custom rom's so that is why i did not try it.

i can say that so far i have noticed a better signal strength (knock on wood) at home.

DaRkCaLiBeR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys im new in this wonderfull webpage..ok here i go with my noob question im rooted on my sprint galaxy s3 how can i install the latest update im using teamwinrecovery how or where can i download the update and install it using teamwin recovery please help me...

Both links are right above your post. The top one is for the stock updated rom and the bottom is for the radio / modem.