07-09-2018 12:35 AM
91 1234
tools
    This happens all the time whenever texting/messaging/Facebook if you click on an auto populated word or corrected word. Have to restart phone. Very annoying.
    04-10-2013 06:00 PM
    Try this: Go to Settings / Application manager. Scroll right to the "All" tab. Scroll down until you find Samsung keyboard, and tap on that row. Than tap on Clear Data. Let us know what happens.
    04-10-2013 07:27 PM
    I am having this trouble with my Samsung nexus, its really driving me up the wall!!
    04-20-2013 10:08 AM
    So there have been several suggestions in this thread on how to fix it. Have you tried any of them? If not, try them and let us know the results.

If nothing else has worked, you might want to try another keyboard. Swiftkey is, IMHO, far better than the Samsung keyboard anyway, and well worth a few bucks. You can try it for free:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bmUudHJpYWwiXQ..

If you don't want to pay for the best keyboard, the Google Jellybean keyboard is still better than the stock Samsung keyboard, and free:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...JvYXJkLmYuZyJd

Oh, one more thing: This is the Galaxy S3 forum, not the Nexus forum, but we'll still try to help.
    04-21-2013 08:53 AM
    Can anyone help?? on my samsung galaxy nexus i can't download anything from the play site, i just keep getting an error message?
    and also i can't use my keyboard so i cant text or use the internet, is there an easy fix for this? on the error message for the keyboard i just get unfortunatly android keyboard has stopped!! Any ideas??? Any information will be greatly received.
    Many thanks.
    05-06-2013 08:08 AM
    There are instructions in this thread, or the ones I linked in post #29, for how to clear an applications cache and data. I would try that for both the play store and the keyboard as a first step.
    05-06-2013 08:50 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Thus didn't happen until I did the last update. I hate being forced to updaye because something always stops working correctly. This is highly annoying. Pleasdle don't suggest downloading a different one from the app store. I've tried that...not much better.
    05-13-2013 12:15 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Thus didn't happen until I did the last update. I hate being forced to updaye because something always stops working correctly. This is highly annoying. Pleasdle don't suggest downloading a different one from the app store. I've tried that...not much better.
    So what have you done to try to fix it? There are a couple of suggestions in this thread, did they work? As far as other keyboards, if you can't see the difference between the stock keyboard and Swiftey I don't know what to sya.
    05-13-2013 09:27 AM
    You will notice that some of us can't use keyboard, playstore or gmail, so installing another keyboard app is impossible.
    This happened to me last night so i think it must be an upgrade issue. It's driving me crazy! I get the message popup every minute or so.
    Time to switch to an HTC.....
    05-15-2013 08:33 PM
    OMG!!! FIXED THE KEYBOARD PROBLEM:

Junior Member- OP from thr xda developers site has figured it out.....see quoted text:

"I'm putting this here since I don't see the issue posted on N7 section. And the different solutions on other sections didn't work for me.

The problem is keyboard crashing with ' unfortunately android keyboard has stopped working' dialog. This was annoying as not only couldn't you use keyboard but also the keyboard kept restarting and crashing. Tried to clear keyboard data from app info screen but no help. Tried uninstalling the last couple apps I had installed but no help.

Finally remembered randomly seeing 'unfortunately dictionary has stopped' dialog sometime in the past week. So went back into settings - apps - all apps, and found "Dictionary Provider" which I promptly disabled. And just like that android keyboard stopped misbehaving.

Why is dictionary provider causing problems? I haven't looked into it just yet as wanted to put this up asap so anyone else with same issue can also stop keyboard crashing since that's top priority in this situation.

My Nexus 7 is at JB 4.1.2 rooted with stock everything."

Woo!
    kiki76040 likes this.
    05-15-2013 09:12 PM
    MY problem started with messages: 1) unfortunately, gmail has stopped, shortly after that 2) Process. gapp. hass stopped and finally 3) keyboard has stopped.

When I try to go to app store it force stops. I can't access anything on my phone. Samsung help? Anyone?
    Hey There,

So this has worked for me so far:
    Go to settings - apps - all - disable Google play services
    Go to settings - apps - all - disable Dictionary Provider
    Also in settings - apps - gmail - clear all the data

this got my gmail working. YAY!
    05-15-2013 09:26 PM
    my phone ****s up too !! after everything i do with my phone...like turn it on, or play a game, or receve text messages that damn message pops everytime (unfortunately Samsung Keyboard has stopped working)!! i tryed to erase and reset it but to do that you need to enter your Pin and you need a keyboard to do that...
    05-25-2013 04:19 PM
    The keyboard works mostly but the letters "J" "U" "N" are not working and the period was not working. I did download the jellybean keyboard app and the period started working but the other letters mentioned are still not working. Any ideas? Before downloading the JB app, I did clear the data history of the samsung keyboard with no results. I have a Samsung G2 4G
    05-29-2013 10:04 AM
    My phone (gs2) did this a month ago every 5 seconds until i did a factory data reset. Just when i finally got everything back to normal it started again today. The phone is unusable when this occurs and now i see it's an Android thing. This is enough to make me get an iphone when my contract is up in two months. I've had enough with this BS.
    06-08-2013 07:54 PM
    Any fixes yet...mine also does this non stop. soooo very annoying.
    06-14-2013 07:40 PM
    just found a fix to this for nexus 4.:-

settings->apps->all-> the three dots on top of each other->reset app preferences...worked for me...cheers

- - - Updated - - -

just found a fix to this for nexus 4.:-

settings->apps->all-> the three dots on top of each other->reset app preferences...worked for me...cheers
    06-22-2013 11:35 AM
    I followed those steps, and my entire keyboard changed to a new format and still didnt fix my issue in updating my facebook status. now my phone and key board are ****ed and I have to bring it into a store. WTF!!!
    06-23-2013 11:42 PM
    i have the same problem with my samsung gallaxy tab . when am use my internet key board did not came its showing unfortunatly program will stop it ll came again amd again . what to do to rectifing this problem thanking you
    08-26-2013 10:27 AM
    Hey there Guys, hope youre doing fine.

I have a problem, solution for which i hope you could give me. I bought Samsung Galaxy Note3 two days ago, and it has been performing awesome (my previous phone was S4) until today, when all of a sudden I realised my keyboard was crashing. To be more specific, when I use handwriting more with S Pen, I can write on it, but it is not recognizing the text. And if I want to change it back to qwerty, it is crashing saying "Unfortunately Samsung Keyboard stopped working". I tried all the things given in this whole blog, but didnt find any to be usefull. Apart from "factory reset"ting the phone ( which I'm sure will get rid of that problem), is there anyway I can fix it? Is it something u guys heard of? Thanks in advance for your response! Thanks!
    09-30-2013 11:34 PM
    Though this is the wrong place for Note II stuff, Still got to share this in the hope it may help someone.
    Tried my USB OTG adapter on the Note II today, ( worked fine on the S3 ) bad call, tried it with a keyboard/mouse from a dongle.

This Samsung keyboard error popping up every 20 seconds, removed OTG adapter.,
    cleared Samsung keyboard data, reset device no change, still erroring out every few seconds, and swiftkey keyboard not working.

I have the Note II rooted with Titanium backup pro, and generally use Swiftkey.
    ( though having swiftkey installed and selected did not change the error.)

Ended up backing up the Samsung keyboard app with Titanium back up, and then uninstalling it, fixed issue.
    Though there are some fixes with more finesse in this thread, this got things back up, and, frankly, the Samsung keyboard sucks any way lol.
    Good luck guys!
    11-22-2013 04:19 AM
    Hi, i had the same problem with my keyboard not letting me enter any txt, i did what you suggest, going in settings, application manager...i found samsung keyboard and did clear data and it worked again, thanks a lot.
    12-16-2013 11:52 PM
    Great! iam able to overcome this problem..
    01-04-2014 08:35 PM
    I had trouble with the keyboard before the latest update and downloaded the Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard from the Play Store & it's worked great; no problems at all. Just a suggestion. I hope it helps.
    01-10-2014 01:13 AM
    Can you SWYPE with Swift Key?? Any advice is appreciated!
    01-17-2014 05:39 PM
    I just looked & didn't locate a setting for it. I don't SWYPE so I'm not sure. Sorry.
    01-19-2014 02:44 PM
91 1234