They deactivated my account without warning. I called Sprint and talked to their representatives, and they referred me to their roaming department--which I have yet to get a hold of due to them being open Monday-Friday only--because apperently, I was roaming too much. So what are the chances of them reactivating my account? The person I spoke to said that they will most likely reactivate it if I speak to them, but I don't know if he was just following protocol to not scare me. I really don't want to go with another carrier. Any thoughts or advice, guys?
    09-29-2012 01:30 PM
    If you are roaming a lot on Sprint that means they have no coverage in your area. Sounds like you forced roaming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-29-2012 04:26 PM
    You should see if they can get your account reactivated then see if they can give you some type of "compensation" because they deactivated your account without warning. I know it is in the fine print that they can deactivate an account without warning but it's worth a try. Usually they can give you some money back on your next bill or something like that.
    09-29-2012 09:40 PM
    Tell them you didn't know you were roaming and ask if there is a way to keep the phone from roaming. We both know there is, but it makes you sound a bit more credible. Don't yell. If you start to lose it a bit, catch yourself and apologize to the person you are talking to telling them out is not them.

See, people think it is ok to yell, scream, and talk down to customer service. So most the people they talk to are assholes. If you be the kind, persistent beggar, they will go out of their way for you. I know, I do tech support that was forced into being customer service instead. You yell, they don't jump. Scream you are going to cancel your service, they just transfer you to another department.

Be nice. Complement them. Day stuff like "you have a very pleasant speaking voice" , "you are so kind", here is the best one.. "the last person i spoke to didn't seem to know what they were doing, but you seem right on top of things

I have gotten Sprint to send me a new phone for free, let me buy out my contract for $25 when it should have $125.waive every upgrade fee. And allow me to buy out my contract for $100 when i did not qualify to do so, and it was still discounted to $100 from $125.
    :-) it does work if you know how to play the game. Sometimes it does take a few tries though.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.
    09-29-2012 09:59 PM
    You should see if they can get your account reactivated then see if they can give you some type of "compensation" because they deactivated your account without warning. I know it is in the fine print that they can deactivate an account without warning but it's worth a try. Usually they can give you some money back on your next bill or something like that.
    Why do some people insist on getting something for nothing? If it says in the contract you can get the boot without warning, why can't you accept this and move on? You are owed nothing.
    09-29-2012 10:09 PM
    Okay, well I don't think that you necessarily need to "accept it and move on," as carriers can make mistakes. But I agree that you want to be cool headed when you call. If your coverage is poor, ask them about getting and Air Wave, which is a signal booster that hooks up to your broadband internet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    OnePalmAddict likes this.
    09-29-2012 10:17 PM
    I really don't care for compensation, honestly. I just want my service back. I have been with Sprint for several years now, and I don't see myself going with another carrier. Plus, I get 25% off from my monthly bill. I'm just going to explain to them that I wasn't aware that I was roaming, and that I wish they would had contacted me to let me know so I could have corrected that problem. I do have great coverage in my area, but they said that it was from data usage. They said I was roaming data over 50% of the time. I hope...I hope I get reactivated.
    09-30-2012 08:56 PM
    Why do some people insist on getting something for nothing? If it says in the contract you can get the boot without warning, why can't you accept this and move on? You are owed nothing.
    Because that is absolutely ridiculous that they can just deactivate your account and not have any reason for it. If enough Sprint customers complain and Sprint loses money from that reason, they are most likely going to change that. Also it is really inconvenient they would do that so might as well get what you can from Sprint.
    CardcaptorRLH85 likes this.
    09-30-2012 11:07 PM
    Because that is absolutely ridiculous that they can just deactivate your account and not have any reason for it. If enough Sprint customers complain and Sprint loses money from that reason, they are most likely going to change that. Also it is really inconvenient they would do that so might as well get what you can from Sprint.
    The thing that sucks the most is that I applied for several internships, and now I don't even know if they have tried to contact me for a position, because I haven't had service since Friday morning.
    10-01-2012 03:12 AM
    I hope it gets sorted out for ya mate. I'd hate to see you miss out on a job because your carrier cut your service without letting you know.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my S3
    10-01-2012 03:24 AM
    The thing that sucks the most is that I applied for several internships, and now I don't even know if they have tried to contact me for a position, because I haven't had service since Friday morning.
    I would be getting a hold of them 1st thing this morning.
    10-01-2012 06:37 AM
    Seems like a good opportunity to move to a provider with better coverage in your area. Lots of folks would love to not have to pay the ETF...
    MrszBerry likes this.
    10-01-2012 09:50 AM
    Seems like a good opportunity to move to a provider with better coverage in your area. Lots of folks would love to not have to pay the ETF...
    And I couldn't afford a data plan that's not unlimited.
    makris0000 likes this.
    10-01-2012 10:36 AM
    Wow that really sucks.
    10-01-2012 11:08 AM
    when I moved to my current address I was on sprint as well and found out that I would be roaming out here. I called them and they told me that if I was roaming for more than 50% of the time, the account would be de-activated. Well I wasn't happy but I ended up moving to Verizon, who have service just about everywhere here in California except for Russian River area and a few places on highway 4 (Murphys). I asked them if I could get a femtocell and they said no, because no towers in the area within enough distance. LIES. My neighbor and her family are all on sprint and use the femtocell to connect. So you may ask them about a femtocell. When I lived in Tracy, CA I had one of their femtocells and it worked "good" enough.

Technically I was forced by sprint to move to Verizon and well for the most part I could not be happier. Hate their prices and bloatware but love their customer service and most importantly the ability to connect pretty much anywhere I go.
    sndplace likes this.
    10-01-2012 11:55 AM
    Happened to my coworker, they were real jerks to him, he just ended up going to Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    10-01-2012 12:33 PM
    Did you know you were roaming or no? If you have service like you say in your area I don't get why your phone would roam.

I only roam when driving out of Florida in those certain areas but since I have coverage here in Jacksonville I never roam.

I'd try and call to see what's up ASAP.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms
    10-01-2012 01:01 PM
    First, i feel for you if you really didn't know you were roaming. I have my phone on to tell me when i do go into roaming which is hardly ever but it does happen so if you have your phone settings to not tell you when you are then change it. Secondly, its crazy how people say to talk a certain way and be nice and say the right thing so you can get what you want or have fees lowered and even removed. These are one of the reasons companies charge fees and raise there rates because unless they give people stuff for free that customer service sucks. If you are a nice person at heart then you will talk to them in that manner but if your made that way it will come out in your tone and voice that your lying and lying gets you know where.

Now if you had Sprint for several years why did this problem come to light now? Did you move or are you traveling somewhere new? Look into WIFI areas nearby so you can use your data more wisely. Just in case they do take you back you can use that as away to help your case on sticking with sprint. I wish you luck in both your situations with Sprint and the Internships.
    10-02-2012 06:42 AM
    This is ridiculous...I understand they have a limit on how much you can roam, but they owe you another chance.

I hate how some people say, "They don't owe you anything." Tell that to the people who all signed up for the EVO 4G when it first came out because WIMAX would soon be available. In my two years with that phone, I never got WIMAX and I live in Los Angeles.

Of course now, Sprint says, "It was never a charge for 4G" but at the time the phone was first released that's what their reps and stores said. This change in "premium data" was after the Iphone debacle.
    10-02-2012 12:35 PM
    First, i feel for you if you really didn't know you were roaming. I have my phone on to tell me when i do go into roaming which is hardly ever but it does happen so if you have your phone settings to not tell you when you are then change it. Secondly, its crazy how people say to talk a certain way and be nice and say the right thing so you can get what you want or have fees lowered and even removed. These are one of the reasons companies charge fees and raise there rates because unless they give people stuff for free that customer service sucks. If you are a nice person at heart then you will talk to them in that manner but if your made that way it will come out in your tone and voice that your lying and lying gets you know where.

Now if you had Sprint for several years why did this problem come to light now? Did you move or are you traveling somewhere new? Look into WIFI areas nearby so you can use your data more wisely. Just in case they do take you back you can use that as away to help your case on sticking with sprint. I wish you luck in both your situations with Sprint and the Internships.
    Yeah I don't understand. I had roaming blocked for everything, including data. This was crap. They basically told me too bad and told me I couldn't get reactivated. Then before they hung up, they said, "thank you for choosing Sprint."
    10-02-2012 04:33 PM
    I've always found Google Contacts to be the weak link, the chink in the Gmail armor of goodness, and Android is quickly re-affirming that belief. Unlike Exchange and MobileMe, where I have very complete listings for all my baseline contacts, the Gmail contacts are polluted by addresses I guess Google chose to remember but without encapsulating information (i.e. tons of No Names to scroll through). To top it off, many contacts are missing numbers, or don't have properly identified numbers, making it almost impossible to use Contacts as a way to, well, contact people.

Is there a better Contacts app available, third party maybe? Or some way to "clean" Google's truth store?

(To make matters worse, iSync in now throwing up all over itself adding and removing contact info, and it looks like I'll have to waste a bunch of time hand preening my master list. Google -- Beta is bad enough, fix this pre-Alpha!)
    So you have a Rooted Wi-Fi only gs3.
    10-02-2012 04:45 PM
    Yeah I don't understand. I had roaming blocked for everything, including data. This was crap. They basically told me too bad and told me I couldn't get reactivated. Then before they hung up, they said, "thank you for choosing Sprint."
    One month of this and they won't reactivate? If you've been a long time customer that doesn't sound right. I'd talk to a supervisor.

Also for other users check your data usage often! I check mine once every 2 days to just see what's going on. Easy Way to maybe avoid something like this since you'll see your data in the roaming instead of the normal.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms
    10-05-2012 07:03 AM