Can't see thumbnails of pictures when connected to computer...

Stewby85

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I love this forum, someone always has the answer. When connected to my computer via USB and I go to my pictures I cannot see them untill I open them, I mean there is no thumbnail to see which is which????? I have my computer set to see thumbnails and I see them on all my other things.. Any thoughts on this? Am I just missing something simple. BTW my pictures are stored on my SD card.. Thanks !

ariston72

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, it makes it hard to transfer specific pictures to the PC. My old HTC EVO 4G didn't have any problem with this, I just couldn't access the SD card from the phone while it was plugged into the PC.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, it makes it hard to transfer specific pictures to the PC. My old HTC EVO 4G didn't have any problem with this, I just couldn't access the SD card from the phone while it was plugged into the PC.

The way it was explained to me was phones using MTP and PTP do not have the ability to show the thumbnails. Your old evo read your memory card as a drive. These phones don't. You best work around would be to remove your sdcard and use a card reader to transfer your pictures. Sorry....

obi1kinobee

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I see thumbnails but no viewable pictures in the thumbnails only a generic pic for all photo's on my phone. I have been on with Verizon tech support who have been unable to solve it. No matter which way I connect all thumbnail views only show generic pics and not actual photo thumbnamil. I guess the only way is import all 900 photo's from my S3 and then delete those I don't want on my PC? Crappy interface if you ask me! I asked for an Iphone here at work but got this crappy Galaxy. Funny thing is that on my home computer (An iMac) the Galaxy shows the thumbnails in iPhoto and I can selectively import on my MAC! Go figure!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I asked for an Iphone here at work but got this crappy Galaxy. Funny thing is that on my home computer (An iMac) the Galaxy shows the thumbnails in iPhoto and I can selectively import on my MAC! Go figure!

So it sounds like a crappy Windows issue, and not a crappy S3 issue, doesn't it?

Fanboy much?

inman_0

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got a question. I have Motorola electrify and just imported all pictures to windows 8 desktop and wont let me view pictures thumbnails nothing. tryiny to transfew things around because my phone is not saving all pictures to memory card. can anyone help

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Give us a little more information on what you've done. When you say "imported," do you mean you copied the images from the phone onto your computer's hard drive? Or are you trying to view the images while they're still on the phone?

Also, you say it's not saving "all" pictures to the card. Does that mean it's saving some to the card, but some to the internal memory? In the phone app, tap the gear icon, then scroll down to the bottom of all the options. What is displayed next to "storage"? If it doesn't say "memory card", tap there and select the memory card option.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, that's a completely different issue, I think. Are you connecting to a USB port on the PC, or through a hub? If a hub, try using a port on the PC itself. And if you haven't already, try using a different cable, or a different USB port. Or even just reboot the PC.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love this forum, someone always has the answer. When connected to my computer via USB and I go to my pictures I cannot see them untill I open them, I mean there is no thumbnail to see which is which????? I have my computer set to see thumbnails and I see them on all my other things.. Any thoughts on this? Am I just missing something simple. BTW my pictures are stored on my SD card.. Thanks !

Another suggestion is to create a file titled "To Computer" or along those lines...move pics there on your phone then connect to PC and move the files that way. However, when moving big files or large quantities of them, it's often faster to dismount the SD card, and use a card reader. Or at least I have noticed it's faster.