01-16-2019 10:46 PM
30 12
tools
    Although I do not have any earphones connected to my Samsung Galaxy S3, the phone thinks I do and has no sounds audible. If I do plug in earphones, they work fine. But, unplugging them does not remove the earphones connected icon, nor does normal sound return. Is there a setting that will correct this problem, or should I seek repair? I have tried powering down and re-booting, with no success. Any suggestions?
    10-04-2012 08:47 AM
    This first thing they (Sprint) will do is factory reset your phone. If it's software related that will likely fix it. If I were you, I would perform a factory reset and if it doesn't fix it take it in for repair.
    nebold likes this.
    10-04-2012 09:27 AM
    Thanks, Skunkape 60. I don't know what I did, but the earphone problem magically went away and the phone is operating normally. I think I will still take it in for a factory reset just to be sure (relatively) that it won't do it again!
    10-04-2012 11:23 AM
    Thanks, Skunkape 60. I don't know what I did, but the earphone problem magically went away and the phone is operating normally. I think I will still take it in for a factory reset just to be sure (relatively) that it won't do it again!
    Don't take it in for that. Go to settings / backup and reset at the bottom of the choice to factory reset. Very easy... Even a caveman can do it.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-04-2012 11:50 AM
    Thanks again. Even saved me a trip to Sprint!
    10-04-2012 02:06 PM
    If it does pop up again. Try an app in the market called SoundAbout. It has helped a lot of S3 users with this issue.
    11-01-2012 03:01 PM
    My earphones volume controller is not working while I increase my
    volume it decreases & even I try to change my song by pressing double
    Click it decreases the volume
    I can't change song & I can't even increase my volume
    05-29-2013 01:01 AM
    That soundabout worked for me, thank-you!
    06-13-2013 07:55 PM
    i am using galaxy grand. while playing games, i closed some music applications. Atomatically, my volume is not coming.i used only loud speaker for talking... i tried so many ways.. even i have formated my device.. still it doesnt work.. finally after reading this blog.. installing soundAbout fixed my issue. there is a bug in the android system.. they need to provide update for this.
    07-28-2013 12:15 PM
    hi,iam using samsung galaxy s4 mini.in my mob suddenly shown ear phone icon and i can not speak normally.if i put in speaker or connecting earphone only i can hear the voice. iam so worried..pls give me a suggestion.what to do?
    01-02-2014 10:00 AM
    Am having exactly the same problem... can only answer phone if plug earphones in
    Have been told to factory reset but then lose pictures, texts, everything!!
    If find out more information will let you know..
    karens 74 likes this.
    01-18-2014 02:20 PM
    I'm trying to connect my earphones to Samsung, but the icon won't pop up. the earphones don't work, either. I can use them fine on any other device– but the Samsung phone is just stubborn. How can I get my earphones to connect to my Samsung phone?
    01-31-2014 11:26 PM
    Don't know if this will help with no sound, but for the pop-up, try this:

Go to Settings / Display, make sure Page Buddy is set to 'On,' then tap that row and make sure Earphones page is checked.
    02-01-2014 11:28 AM
    This is not a settings issue. The contacts inside the headphone jack are shorted out, which tells the phones a set of headphones is connected.
    This can happen due to a tiny drop of water, humitity, a sliver of aluminum foil, etc.

The easiest way to clear and fix this issue is to blast a bit of air from a compressed air can into the headphone jack. You can get compressed air cans for a few bucks at any local office supplies store, Fry's, Office Depot, etc.
    Just a short blast or two will clear the problem.
    Or Blow air with your mouth for few times!!
    Kathy Estes and George Florin like this.
    07-17-2014 01:52 AM
    Best advice ever. Blew some air into the earphone jack and wonderful my earphone no longer appear connected and sound plays through my speaker again! Thank you!
    George Florin likes this.
    12-16-2014 02:34 PM
    I had the same problem with my S4 mini on a rainy day while I was waiting the bus. While I was browsing suddenly the icon and the sign for headphones connected showed up without any headphones being connected.

What I did is to put the headphones jack and twist it a couple of times. It worked
    George Florin likes this.
    01-23-2015 02:54 PM
    I had the same problem with my S4 mini on a rainy day while I was waiting the bus. While I was browsing suddenly the icon and the sign for headphones connected showed up without any headphones being connected.

What I did is to put the headphones jack and twist it a couple of times. It worked
    This helped me loads thanks nearly took phone in a shop to be repaired
    04-07-2015 08:33 AM
    I am using galaxy grand prime. Recently i dropped my phone in water. I made sure it was wet. But now it is working alright but the battery stand by time is effected badly. Plz help should i go for repair..

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2015 05:11 AM
    I had this problem and I used a footpump to inflate an airbed....totally worked!
    09-13-2015 12:21 PM
    my problem in my samsung galaxy s2 on earphone is when i insert it it have no sounds or music it just have sound like (zzzz) like that

zzzz and no music if i insert the earphone on my phone but when it is in speaker mode it have sounds but in earphone no sounds

WHY is like that and plss help me
    09-23-2015 07:30 AM
    also have a grand prime.tried the "soundabout" and it dont work;which is funny.it worx on my old phone and laptop.idk what u did,but my headphones are made 4 androids,they r sonys,and I am really angry
    02-25-2016 06:36 PM
    Cheers mate. Note to self: "Don't hold phone in mouth while using it as a torch!"
    06-17-2016 01:53 AM
    hy my mobile is earphones Not Connect i think my problem is mobile earphones pin
    09-28-2016 11:47 AM
    hi
    I have a problem in my galaxy grand 9082 ( 1st grand ) model phone working in normal way but when i want to listen or watch something into the earphone the sound is not coming without earphone its run in good what should i do to connect it i was checked 2 different earphone but no working may in phone problem so kindly give the solution
    11-27-2016 11:18 PM
    pockoc

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:54pm.

Hi,
    this was the easiest way for the problem of having the headphone icon when it is not plugged in also. I just took my earphone and tightly plugged that in and I pressed it and twisted it . And when I saw my display , that icon was vanished . I think it was some air lock.
    BUT IT REALLY WORKED .
    THANKS A LOT ,
    POCKOK
    01-23-2018 09:15 PM
30 12