Calendar showing double birthdays

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My original calendar widget shows birthdays as doubles. Is there any way to set it up so it shows them as singles? For example, the widget says "Kevin's birthday" and underneath it repeats " Kevin's birthday".
Thanx.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My original calendar widget shows birthdays as well doubles. Is there any way to set it up so it shows them as singles? For example, the widget says "Kevin's birthday" and underneath it repeats " Kevin's birthday".
Thanx.

It sounds like you have two accounts synced. If you have two accounts only sync the calendar from one account. This will stop the multiple entries. This goes for address books as well.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you have two accounts synced. If you have two accounts only sync the calendar from one account. This will stop the multiple entries. This goes for address books as well.

I only have 1 account synched.
a3yqu7y8.jpg

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
In the settings, under Calendars, there is an option to show the birthdays for your contacts. If you have that selected, it could be causing the duplicate (on top of the actual event saved in your calendar).

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
In the settings, under Calendars, there is an option to show the birthdays for your contacts. If you have that selected, it could be causing the duplicate (on top of the actual event saved in your calendar).

If the option is disabled, then none of the birthdays show up.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
If the option is disabled, then none of the birthdays show up.

Well you have narrowed it down then because when you disable birthdays, it disables the Google birthdays and leaves Facebook. I just tried it. It looks like you may have 2 Google calendars set up. It solved the problem for me. :) Thanks nater.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings / Application Manager / Calendar Storage / Then clear cache. Then sync calendar , hopefully that will give you just that entry. If it's still double then do the same thing again. This time delete your calendar on google account after you log on to it online.

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
the issue for me was that the calendar app got updated to the newest version (the one that gives you snooze options in the pulldown and also lets you set an event time by going around the clock), yet the OLD calendar app stayed installed too. So they were both running and both giving notifications. Once I force stopped and disabled the original calendar, all worked fine.

Sean
Broadcast Voiceover Talent

fryerlawrence

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Tried everything above... nogo

The solution was a fluke...lol. Here it is:

What worked for me is I went into Settings>AccountsSamsung Account>Tap on the email account that you used for Samsung Accounts>Uncheck Sync Calendar

Then I went to SCalendar and noticed that I had missing entries for appointments. Then I did this:

Settings>AccountsSamsung Account>Backup>Backup Now

Viola!

Hope this helps
-fryer