Phone performance after software update

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I decided to apply the software update that I kept getting prompts for. Prior to the update, it seemed that the screen and the media server were the two biggest items that were eating up the battery, but I was getting maybe 6-7 hours of usage before the battery was running low. Now that I've applied the update, the Android System has been using the battery. This was the same problem I had with the Epic, and I could only get 4 hours of battery use before the battery had to be recharged.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Had that same issue when I updated.
I rooted and debloated the phone, cleared the browser/Gallery cache/data, left the phone overnight with wifi on.
I did that just in case all the Media usage was caused by gallery trying to re-update its cache, which I have large amounts of pics in Picasa.

This worked for me. Yesterday I got 1.5 days worth of battery, at my regular usage.

c920

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had problems initially with dropped calls every half hour or so. I then downloaded a signal booster and the problem stopped. Yesterday I applied the update because it kept bothering me too, and now I can't talk on the phone. It drops the calls every minute or so. I have a useless phone. I'm so sick of this Galaxy 3.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Baseband is VPLI3 and kernel is 3.0.8. Phone is still stock. Update also seems to have added extra apps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a bunch of problems and have decided to hard reset when I get home from work tonight.

First, I lost all copy/paste functionality in the stock Messaging app, Google Voice and Chrome.

I have a folder on a home screen with Dropbox and Google Drive in it, and the folder is constantly opening even when I'm on another home screen.

Finally, the phone dials the same contact several times per day without me prompting it to do so.

No matter the Android phone, and I've owned about four or five over the years, I always have to hard reset after a software update. Annoying.

But I love the S3!

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't get on Facebook unless I'm on WiFi, since the update. Is that the update screwing something up or is it just a Facebook issue? I really don't know enough about this whole process to make a judgement. :(

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you disable Sprint's speed optimizer? Its enabled by default. It turns wifi on by itself to see if it can hop on an open wifi connection, improving your data speeds but could mess with your voice radio. Once you disable it dont go and check the settings again, else it will enable

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you disable Sprint's speed optimizer? Its enabled by default. It turns wifi on by itself to see if it can hop on an open wifi connection, improving your data speeds but could mess with your voice radio. Once you disable it dont go and check the settings again, else it will enable

You can disable it using titanium backup as well. BTW... It's Sprint Connection Optimizer.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can disable it using titanium backup as well. BTW... It's Sprint Connection Optimizer.

You know the funny part is mine has been Perma disabled since the update lol :). I don't mind because I'd turn it off anyway but this is what it looks like.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349795268203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349795268203.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt