What is vpn client?

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
This suddenly seems to be in my phone

I believe this came along with the LI3 update. I am not sure how this feature will be implemented on the GS3, but in a nutshell, VPN allows a user to access a server from a remote workstation. I often used VPN to connect from my home PC with our server from my office so I could work at home and still have complete and secure access to all my programs and files at work. It was as if I was sitting at my desk at the office.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Good luck getting a answer to this VPN Client issue. I have had a thread open forever with no response.

It seems my phone has an app or something that is connecting to an outside PC on its own and may be taking info from my phone. My wife's started logging stuff in it as well but neither of us use a VPN to connect to a PC...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=212967

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

bellacierra

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I know its been almost a year ..but did you ever find out why you had those logs on the VPN that you weren't using??..I have them as well and so does my boyfriend. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!! Im trying to prove to this man that its not an "inside" job as he states, and that there must be others with the same problem.

Dan Szeles

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i just got an s4 on friday, and saw this thread in trying to figure out what some of the bloatware does. my vpn client also had useage logs, and i've never opened this app. what's the deal with this?

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you set up an exchange email on your phone, there's a good chance you will see activity with the VPN.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4